Covers of Rush you like more than the originals

LedRush

I don't think I actually like any covers more than the originals, but there are several that I like now more than the originals, usually just because they are newer to me or different than I expected.

Some favorites include:

Subdivisions: Anita Athavale

Subdivisions: Jacob Moon

The Spirit of Radio: Selina Martin

Mission: Working Man (not really, but I love it)

Mystic Rhythms: Creosote (the only one I actually may like more than the original)

La Villa Strangiato: Steve Morse

Anthem: Anthrax

I kind of like that 9/11 Bravado cover by Paradigm Blue. Not more than the original though.

Most of Dream Theater's covers are good if you mute the vocals.

I'd kill to get Dream Theater's Necromancer on CD.

• Like 1

I can't stand that Jacob Moon Subdivsions cover.

Yes, but your taste in music sucks, so :D

Maybe it's from looking at his face in the video but it's very drawn out. If he condensed it a little it would've worked better but it didn't need to be six minutes. He could've cut a chorus out or something.

Most of Dream Theater's covers are good if you mute the song entirely.

Fixed it for you.

In all seriousness though, I love Dream Theater. But them covering songs ware a disgrace to their legacy and I'm glad they along with its drummer who thought it was a great idea to cover albums in their entirety are gone for good. That said, I don't like any Rush covers more than the originals, but I really liked Jacob Moon's cover of Subdivisions.

• Like 2

Fixed it for you.

In all seriousness though, I love Dream Theater. But them covering songs ware a disgrace to their legacy and I'm glad they along with its drummer who thought it was a great idea to cover albums in their entirety are gone for good. That said, I don't like any Rush covers more than the originals, but I really liked Jacob Moon's cover of Subdivisions.

I kind of agree with you regarding Dream Theater. I don't think I really meant "good".

Analog Kid covered by Jack Russell, Billy Sheehan, Mike Portnoy and others

Out of this world awesome. The vocals are killer and Sheehan really does a number on the track. Excellent!!!

I have that rated in iTunes the same as others on this list but left it off for some reason. It does have an edge.

• Like 1

Fixed it for you.

I like their covers more than most of their originals. The Zeppelin medley is crazy good.

I can't stand that Jacob Moon Subdivsions cover.

Yes, but your taste in music sucks, so :D

You like Half the World right?

Case in point.

• Like 1

Out of this world awesome. The vocals are killer and Sheehan really does a number on the track. Excellent!!!

I have that rated in iTunes the same as others on this list but left it off for some reason. It does have an edge.

They roast that puppy something fierce

• Like 1

Our own Brandon Dyke wrote an acoustic cover of In The End which I thought was fantastic. Steve Morse's take on La Villa Strangiato was also really good.

I have never heard, and will probably never hear a cover of a Rush song that I would prefer to the original.

• Like 1

Our own Brandon Dyke wrote an acoustic cover of In The End which I thought was fantastic. Steve Morse's take on La Villa Strangiato was also really good.

I have never heard, and will probably never hear a cover of a Rush song that I would prefer to the original.

Listen to Analog Kid from the working mam tribute---ooooohhhhh so good. Pay attention to Sheehan in the solo. Oh my Gawd

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 1

Listen to Analog Kid from the working mam tribute---ooooohhhhh so good. Pay attention to Sheehan in the solo. Oh my Gawd

I've heard it. It's a good cover, as is most of that album, but I still prefer the original.

For sure not better than the original, but I love this guy and his version of the song.

http://youtu.be/W4vd9OVLO7Q

I started dozing off at the 45 second mark

Good for you so you don't need the sleeping pills any longer. :cool:

I know that it's an old hat, but it's still an enjoyable acoustic version of a great song.

• Like 3

For sure not better than the original, but I love this guy and his version of the song.

http://youtu.be/W4vd9OVLO7Q

I started dozing off at the 45 second mark

Good for you so you don't need the sleeping pills any longer. :cool:

I know that it's an old hat, but it's still an enjoyable acoustic version of a great song.

It makes The Speed of Love feel like speed metal. hmmm. Wonder what a sped up version of this cover would sound like...

• Like 1