Anyone going to RatCon 2014?

KennyLee

So... is anyone going to RatCon this year? It's in two weeks in Marlboro, NJ.

July 11th and 12th.

Where is it exactly? Is there a website?

• Like 1

July 11th and 12th.

It is in Marlboro, NJ. My band kRUSH is very excited to be chosen as the tribute band for this event.

http://www.rushrat.com

July 11th and 12th.

It is in Marlboro, NJ. My band kRUSH is very excited to be chosen as the tribute band for this event.

http://www.rushrat.com

So what goes on at these things? The events page really says nothing at all.

I would really love to go, but am still contemplating… and starting to face the reality that I really can't afford it. Being that it is an all day drinking affair, I will need to book a motel room, which combined with the admission, gas and tolls puts the price tag for me in the $250 - 300 range. I actually do have the money, but priority wise I just can't justify shelling out that much cash for this event right now. It sucks because I feel like I'm going to regret my decision either way. :huh: :banghead:
  • Like 1

I would really love to go, but am still contemplating… and starting to face the reality that I really can't afford it. Being that it is an all day drinking affair, I will need to book a motel room, which combined with the admission, gas and tolls puts the price tag for me in the $250 - 300 range. I actually do have the money, but priority wise I just can't justify shelling out that much cash for this event right now. It sucks because I feel like I'm going to regret my decision either way. :huh: :banghead:

Understood. It is a ton of fun but I get what you're saying. Money is the biggest factor in most of my decisions.

Stupid money. :rage:

Well, RatCon was just this past weekend and was more fun than 93 clowns in a tiny car. I met some of the greatest people and it was a true, sincere and very special celebration of a band that has touched lives so deeply and saved many lives as well. It was an absolute honor to perform at this event and although I probably drank too much and wasn't on my A game, I had more fun performing in front of these very special fans than I ever had or possibly will again.

We performed two very special songs. Gerry Hilera was scheduled to be there to perform a few songs with us on his violin but, sadly, he had some issues that he needed to address and was unable to make it. The "fiddler" was going to play Losing It with us as well as "The Garden". When we found out he wasn't going to make it they expected us to drop those but we played them anyway. Our guitarist, Andy, did an amazing solo, copying the violin solo closer than I thought possible and I covered the Garden strings using my pedals.

Just wanted to update you all. If you have the chance next year, RatCon, while a small event in comparison to most "cons", is something truly special. I recommend it highly.

Edited by KennyLee
  • Like 4

Glad you had a great time. Just wasnt in the cards for me to make the trip this year.

The Garden is a really fun song to play. I know we have enjoyed playing it the last several months and it's a very special song indeed.

Losing It is 1 of my all time favorite songs. Would have love to hear that, and you definitely need a violin for that song.

Glad you had a great time. Just wasnt in the cards for me to make the trip this year.

The Garden is a really fun song to play. I know we have enjoyed playing it the last several months and it's a very special song indeed.

Losing It is 1 of my all time favorite songs. Would have love to hear that, and you definitely need a violin for that song.

Nope, apparently not. Our guitar player killed it. It should get posted soon. I'll put it up. His guitar doing the violin was amazing.

This is the whole third set but Losing It is at the 46:00 mark. Our best? No. Pretty f'ing cool? Yup!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DeBz9jrwWQ

By the way, in the thumbnail you will see Bob, the guitar player from Lotus Land. Swell chap who we asked to come help out on The Garden acoustic. He and Chris were both there. Very cool guys.

Edited by KennyLee
  • Like 2