May I ask what a typical day of eating looks like for you?

Today I had a banana & tea when I got up.

Ran/walked for 60 mins.

Had breakfast of chia pudding and berries.

Lunch was kale salad with quinoa, pecans, & avocado.

Sweet tooth was acting up so I had a handful of little chocolate covered raisins.

For a snack I might have some kale chips or fruit.

Tonight we're going out to an Indian restaurant for a friend's birthday do I'll have to figure out what to eat there. Indian food has so much cream & butter it often gives me a tummy ache, but hopefully I can find a nice veggie dish. I may splurge and have a beer.

Oh yeah, I'm a vegetarian so that's why there's no meat here :)

Also, I don't measure what I eat. Since most of what I eat is fruits and veggies I just eat until I'm no longer hungry. (You can't eat too many veggies.) If I decide to eat some sweets or bread I'll keep the portions on the small size.

I eat a lot of Indian food. You'll be safe with a veg vindaloo, veggie pakora, also some curry is made with coconut milk base (tastes WAYbetter that way) ask the server. Also garlic naan bismatti rice. Lots of veggie choices

• Like 2

May I ask what a typical day of eating looks like for you?

Today I had a banana & tea when I got up.

Ran/walked for 60 mins.

Had breakfast of chia pudding and berries.

Lunch was kale salad with quinoa, pecans, & avocado.

Sweet tooth was acting up so I had a handful of little chocolate covered raisins.

For a snack I might have some kale chips or fruit.

Tonight we're going out to an Indian restaurant for a friend's birthday do I'll have to figure out what to eat there. Indian food has so much cream & butter it often gives me a tummy ache, but hopefully I can find a nice veggie dish. I may splurge and have a beer.

Oh yeah, I'm a vegetarian so that's why there's no meat here :)

Also, I don't measure what I eat. Since most of what I eat is fruits and veggies I just eat until I'm no longer hungry. (You can't eat too many veggies.) If I decide to eat some sweets or bread I'll keep the portions on the small size.

That all actually sounds really good. Do you have a dressing that you use on your kale or do you go the oil or raw route?

Thanks. I eat the kale raw but with dressing. Sometimes I make my own but today I used this Brianna's honey mustard dressing. I think kale goes well with honey mustard.

http://www.briannassaladdressing.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/honey-mustard.jpg

• Like 1

I'll have to try that one.

I made a kale salad tonight and I made a lemon chia seed dressing.

Olive oil, lemon juice, 1/2 tsp chia seeds and a sweetener of choice like agave. It came out fantastic.

• Like 1

Some general advice on going veggie:

Don't make the change too sudden. It may feel great from a psychological point of view, but if you suddenly switch from eating meat most days to never eating it, your body has a big adjustment to make and you will be more likely to get irritable bowel symptoms etc. If you eat meat most days, switch to eating it twice a week, then once a week, then not at all. Keep occasional fish in your diet if you feel you need a protein boost.

Proteins are made up of different amino acids. Meat, fish, eggs and soya beans contain high amounts of all of them. Other veggie sources of protein work fine as long as you balance them out. As a general guideline, grains and dairy are a good balance (e.g. wholemeal bread with cottage cheese), grains and pulses (e.g. rice and dhal) and pulses and nuts/seeds (e.g. houmous).

If you're more tired than you should be on a veggie diet, you may need an iron supplement (though more iron as part of your diet is a better option). If you are close to vegan, you need a B12 supplement. Other vitamins and minerals should be OK.

• Like 1