Neil Peart Update: March 2014

Tony R

To me, it's quite obvious that Neil very much enjoys being away from his current family much more than being with them; he nearly never talks about being with them, and when he does, he's quick to get on to some other subject such as how some plant grows or how he drank something at some cafe in 1989.

I vividly remember right after his daughter was born how quickly he wanted to get away to go off on another Mid-America hateride on his beamer-bike. His new daughter seemed like just another excuse to get away; hell, when he DOES have time at home, all he seems to romance about is getting AWAY from them.

He used to seem to hate touring and always voted against it since the 80's...now, it seems his greatest joy in life is getting away from his family and getting out on his momo-gogo between the horrendous times when he has to suffer through his miserable "job" with the other "Guys at Work" or whatever stupid term he refers to Geddy and Alex as nowadays...

...he sure as hell didn't spend any of that time learning "Red Sector A" or especially "Middletown Dreams" anywhere NEAR correct, that's for damn sure.

Finally! Someone had the courage to say what we were all thinking!
  • Like 2

To me, it's quite obvious that Neil very much enjoys being away from his current family much more than being with them; he nearly never talks about being with them, and when he does, he's quick to get on to some other subject such as how some plant grows or how he drank something at some cafe in 1989.

I vividly remember right after his daughter was born how quickly he wanted to get away to go off on another Mid-America hateride on his beamer-bike. His new daughter seemed like just another excuse to get away; hell, when he DOES have time at home, all he seems to romance about is getting AWAY from them.

He used to seem to hate touring and always voted against it since the 80's...now, it seems his greatest joy in life is getting away from his family and getting out on his momo-gogo between the horrendous times when he has to suffer through his miserable "job" with the other "Guys at Work" or whatever stupid term he refers to Geddy and Alex as nowadays...

...he sure as hell didn't spend any of that time learning "Red Sector A" or especially "Middletown Dreams" anywhere NEAR correct, that's for damn sure.

Finally! Someone had the courage to say what we were all thinking!

"All" means every little soul on this forum and you know and I know and the American people know it ain't so. Speak fer yerself pilgrim.

• Like 2

That was a good blog entry. Enjoyed it. Touching about life and death. I like the bird talk. I'm a bird admire also. I also don't like blue jays. Have been dived bombed by them when I am near their nest with their young. Ballsy birds.