Guardians of the galaxy trailer

USB Connector

The first trailer is out. Marvel is finally branching into lesser known series and it looks decent.

http://youtu.be/pTZ2Tp9yXyM

Looks like a mix of firefly of the avengers almost. I'm a bit disappointed that we don't hear Rocket talk at all in the trailer.

Let the speculation and hype begin!

My guess is that since we see the collector in the trailer, it will have something to do with another gem of power (or more), which will no doubt further set the stage for the Avengers 3 (Joss confirmed that Thanos won't be in Avengers 2, so my assumption is that infinity gauntlet will be the premise behind Avengers 3 which will close off the marvel cinematic universe -- or at least this incarnation of it).

It looks silly, but it will tie in with the rest of the Marvel Cinematic Universe so I'll give it a look because Marvel is doing a good job on continuity now. Could be fun.

The Fantastic Four is getting a reboot and it is said that it will be in the same Universe as the X-Men movies. With the X reboot they could tie these all in together and have crossover madness.

There is also some kind of Defenders-like something happening on TV with Daredevil, Power-Man, Iron Fist and others.

I have the first season of S.H.E.I.L.D. saved on my DVR. Anyone seen it?

It looks silly, but it will tie in with the rest of the Marvel Cinematic Universe so I'll give it a look because Marvel is doing a good job on continuity now. Could be fun.

The Fantastic Four is getting a reboot and it is said that it will be in the same Universe as the X-Men movies. With the X reboot they could tie these all in together and have crossover madness.

There is also some kind of Defenders-like something happening on TV with Daredevil, Power-Man, Iron Fist and others.

I have the first season of S.H.E.I.L.D. saved on my DVR. Anyone seen it?

Guardians is not intended to be serious...I mean...there's a raccoon with a rocket launcher.

Sony has the rights to the Fantastic 4, X-Men, Spiderman and I believe Daredevil movies. Naturally this means that Marvel can't use mutants or any of those characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. This is why they used Chitauri for the Avengers as opposed to Skrulls (Chitauri are the ultimate comics universe version of Skrulls, which I guess are considered Fantastic 4 characters).

As for agents of shield, I have nothing nice to say about the show. :P

It's very possible. I think the deal was that Marvel gets the rights back if the franchise isn't used in 5 years. In that case DareDevil belongs to Marvel again. This deal is why Sony has/is rebooting Fantastic 4 and Spiderman. They don't want to lose the rights to Marvel's most influential franchises from back in the day.