The Alarm ... Let the Year of Declaration Begin!

The Cat 3

As many of my TFR brothers and sisters know,

the Welsh band, The Alarm, is one of my most favourite bands.

They have been so ever since I heard the first notes of "Sixty Eight Guns" played way back in 1984.

Who (for those of you who were around back then) can believe it has been 30 years already?

I'm begininng a listening marathon of all of the studio and live albums in chronological order.

As I begin, I thought I'd share a new mix of the song, "Sixty Eight Guns" from the album, "Declaration",

a new version of a rock and roll song which changed the course of my life all those years ago.

The year of "Declaration" starts here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/music/sites/alarm/images/alarm_01_446.jpg

Edited by ReGorLaTroy
  • Like 1

I enjoyed the EP and the first album. I really liked "The Stand".

After that, a song here and there. "Summertime in the Rain", is that the name? Or "Rain in the Summertime"?

Anyway, living in the U.S. I heard that Mike Peters is now the lead singer for Big Country. I watched some youtube videos and it looks like a blast.

Good stuff. Ah, to be young again...

Edited by ReRushed
  • Like 1

I really liked that first EP also. I remember defending them against some disparaging turds at a high school party. They didn't like my shoes either. I don't think I miss being young all that much.
  • Like 2

Ah, The Alarm. I loved them back in the mid-80s. I was lucky enough to see them a few times, and even briefly met them after a show, but lost track of the band after "Eye of the Hurricane." I only recently heard about Mike Peters working with Big Country (whose first two album were excellent; great rhythm section) but haven't yet had a chance to hear that stuff.
  • Like 1

Ah, The Alarm. I loved them back in the mid-80s. I was lucky enough to see them a few times, and even briefly met them after a show, but lost track of the band after "Eye of the Hurricane." I only recently heard about Mike Peters working with Big Country (whose first two album were excellent; great rhythm section) but haven't yet had a chance to hear that stuff.

Those first two Big Country albums are among my favorites by anyone. Mike Peters is one of the few people who can probably pull off replacing Stuart Adamson, vocals-wise. I YouTubed "Big Country Mike Peters" and came across a live performance of Harvest Home, and it sounded pretty good. God I love that album.

• Like 1

I saw the Alarm open for U2 at a jai alai fronton in Fern Park, FL in 1983. Here is a picture of that venue from its current website:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x285/geddysmullet/GoogleChromeScreenSnapz001_zps6bd2af20.png

I can't believe it's been 31 years! :codger:

• Like 2