The Greatest Rush Christmas Gift

theanalogmiddleagedman

Just had to pass along an awesome (at least to me) personal story.

I have two girls, 11 and 8. They were both fairly into Rush, but were probably mostly familiar with CA and then a general Rush greatest hits, or songs that are on live DVD's, as I have tortured them since they were born with watching the DVD's when I exercise.

Anyway, I got each of them a basic MP3 player for Christmas and downloaded every Rush album onto them. They were super excited. It is the funnist damn thing to hear my 8 year old walk around the house belting out Temples of Syrinx at the top of her lungs oblivious to how awful she sounds and what the words really are (even hard to tell for an adult...). My 11 year old has a new favorite song every day now, the latest being The Way the Wind Blows. I had to print out the lyrics sheets to all the albums for her so she can study the lyrics, too.

Has anyone else had this type of experience to share with their kids?

• Like 6

:goodone: Love this, great way to share with your kids. Only thing I can share is sharing the lyrics and video of Marathon to my nephew who into distance running..he's not a big fan of Rush but was really blown away by the song.
  • Like 1