Butcher Babies

hobo73

Any metal fans here listen to Butcher Babies?

They've slowly grown on me. I mean yeah, the 2 singers are great eye candy, but they can also scream and sing so well- that's what got me hooked :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjsAloS0ctk

Their songs are so-so. I find they're one of those bands that's better when you hear them in small doses. The are awful in concert though. I saw them open for Danzig back in october and the songs just don't translate well live. I can't explain it, the girls have great energy on stage and musically they have the aggression but something is just missing with the live act. In fact, about half way through their set a lot of people started booing them and yelling at them to get off the stage. It wasn't just a small group of people either, it was over half the crowd and they didn't stop with their disapproval until the set was over. Even for a metal show, that is rare to see a crowd turn on a band like that. At least both girls are hot, they have that much going for them.

Narpet, don't worry that you've never heard of them before. They're new and only have only released one album. Unless you're a big metal fan you would never hear about them.

yeah I found a couple live clips where they sound alright, but overall not impressed. (they're still WAY BETTER live than In This Moment.)

hey, I'm cool with them being strictly a "studio only" band of mine. music is always a good thing ;)

• Like 2

yeah I found a couple live clips where they sound alright, but overall not impressed. (they're still WAY BETTER live than In This Moment.)

hey, I'm cool with them being strictly a "studio only" band of mine. music is always a good thing ;)

Hey, it worked for Steely Dan for a long time..... :huh:
  • Like 1