Blu-Ray of R-30 release in Australia?

tas7

No sign of Clockwork Angels DVD or Blu-Ray in Australia but we're getting an official Blu-Ray release of R-30 which seems odd. Is this a general new release as I have it on DVD complete with guitar picks?

If it follows the US release it is a no-frills slim case edition. Unlike the DVD it has the entire concert so that is why I have both.

It has just appeared unannounced, does it sound any better than the DVD? The three CD set of Clockwork Angels Tour is being released but no sign of the Blu-Ray or DVD.

Edited by tas7

The blu ray is almost always going to sound better, but I guess it depends on how it was made. Is it just a transfer to blu ray from the DVD or was it mastered for BR? I don't know how they do that stuff. I only ever watch the BR and it is quite wonderful, but R30 is one of my favorites so you are getting my opinion with a lot of bias attached to it. It is nice to have both because the DVD comes with all the extras and the CDs and the BR comes with the entire concert. Check the track listing to be sure.