TRF Prediction Thread and Roast: Rushgoober's 30,000th post

Tombstone Mountain

You know he's planning on something to document the occasion  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What will his thread topic be?

• A thanks to TRF for the years of support?
    • Another malignant VT thread
    • A thread asking the question "why do so many people here care what I think?"
    • Why BU2B2 ruins Clockwork Angels
    • Rushgoober's top 500 commercials off all time
    • Rushgoober's top 500 recipes for hippies
    • Top Ten Movies that make Rushgoober cry
    • Pink Floyd: Overtaking Rush as my favorite band
    • Why Krautrock makes me space out
    • Headlong Flight, how it grew on me, and why people say dumb stuff
    • Gerbils: Curiousity didn't just kill the cat
    • I love how Neil describes wildlife, and here's why
    • Rush concerts that live in my psyche
    • Ben Affleck
    • Behind the Candlabra—movie of the year

Who dat?

Ooops! I just remembered asking that question can have fatal consequences on TRF, but I can't think of any other way of saying - I have no idea who that man in the picture is can you please tell me?

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

Who dat?

Ooops! I just remembered asking that question can have fatal consequences on TRF, but I can't think of any other way of saying - I have no idea who that man in the picture is can you please tell me?

That is the great Lyle Lovett. Ask Greyfriar about him.

• Like 2

Who dat?

That is the great Lyle Lovett. Ask Greyfriar about him.

The Ballad Of The Snow Leopard feat. Bears'n'Lungs

It was a Memphis Midnight and a Memphis Morning. I've Had Enough searching someone to Teach Me About Love. I saw More Pretty Girls Than One, Rollin' By on the West Texas Highway...Step Inside This House :smoke:

I Lovett.

Hab Dank (get thanks) Duff.

• Like 3

Who dat?

It's that shady lawyer from "The Bridge" with a guitar.

http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/Lyle-Lovett-and-Annabeth-Gish-in-The-Bridge-Calaca.jpg

• Like 3

What are chances of this thread making it to 100 pages? :D

Slim to none

What makes you say that? :P

I was wondering the same thing. I think he's afraid that government censors are about to impose a media blackout on coverage of the Goober case.

:fuckwithadmin:

Yeah, he's been threatening them in chat... It all adds up to now.

Who is threatening? :unsure:

Yeah, it was quite elliptic. I meant: RG is threatening the admins.

Are you serious? If so, I am, once again, speechless. :ph34r:

"RG is threatening the admins."

Huh? Even as a joke that makes no sense.

Think about the timing.

73 starts to go cold feet after 67 pages and immediately after, RG emerges in chatroom not once, not twice, but many times.

I sense CONNECTION!!

Huh?

Maybe Tombstone will give us all new territories with the coming YBG, territories that do not irk you or established forum members. In the meanwhile, I just felt left in limbo. Not a great feeling.

:macallan:

We're coasting into 15,000 hits. If we're irking people they haven't posted to let us know. This is a forum where people aren't afraid to share their opinions.

TRFr's read this...there's no other explanation for numbers. The people who comment and join in on the roast aren't malcontents who deserve limbo. This material isn't obscene or worthy of censorship.

Even if this thread is stifled it can't stop the creative synergy that exist among it's participants.

Quite right, Tombstone!

In all honesty, I find it hard to fathom any TRFers who would be offended by this thread, considering it is very obviously all in fun, and also considering some of the stuff that is posted on TRF, most especially in the political section.

Hear hear!

I'm not offended by this thread - it's the greatest thread ever! :yay: :clap: :yay: :clap: :yay:

• Like 5

Who dat?

http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/Lyle-Lovett-and-Annabeth-Gish-in-The-Bridge-Calaca.jpg

Lyle Lovett?

• Like 3

Coming Soon

In the new issue of

The Yukon Blade Grinder

Featuring (and not in this order)

A chipmunk from the Black Forest

And

Also included in this spellbinding issue

A surprise appearance by

Not to mention

But surely to raise some eyebrows is the

reemergence of this

Yukon Blade Grinder reporter

and his sidekick

With some

and his number one fan

With a little

Just for fun

What emotions do these images evoke fellow Blade Grinders?

These pictures are the guarantee for reaching 100 pages. Go Grinders Go... :cheers:

That chipmunk is soooo cute! C'mere chipmunk - I wanna give you a cuddle! :wub:

• Like 4

Who dat?

Right on bro! He's also appeared in several Robert Altman films as well. But make no mistake, the man is a musician. Whatever he touches is gold.

Who dat?

Right on bro! He's also appeared in several Robert Altman films as well. But make no mistake, the man is a musician. Whatever he touches is gold.

I know him well, although I'm not a fan. Surely he has a very interesting face, hasn't he?

But I notice I've been remiss regarding your request of more polish 60s rocks. So here it goes. The band, by the way, is Czerwone Gitari or, if you prefer, The Red Guitars. They are the Polish Beatles and are awesome.

Edited by H. P. L.
  • Like 2

Who dat?

Lyle Lovett?

He does all kinds of music genres—with utter beauty and quality. Black gospel, jazz, Texas swing, country, blues, folk ect.

look up his song "Church" and "If I had a boat". I will make you all Lyle Lovett fans. "Her first mistake" and "I will rise up" are worthy of your time as well. He inducted Johnny Cash into the RRHOF. He's a hoot to listen to give a speech—much like Alex!

Who dat?

Lyle Lovett?

He does all kinds of music genres—with utter beauty and quality. Black gospel, jazz, Texas swing, country, blues, folk ect.

look up his song "Church" and "If I had a boat". I will make you all Lyle Lovett fans. "Her first mistake" and "I will rise up" are worthy of your time as well. He inducted Johnny Cash into the RRHOF. He's a hoot to listen to give a speech—much like Alex!

Who dat?

Lyle Lovett?

Who dat?

Lyle Lovett?

I didn't know he could act..!

• Like 2

Who dat?

I know him well, although I'm not a fan. Surely he has a very interesting face, hasn't he?

But I notice I've been remiss regarding your request of more polish 60s rocks. So here it goes. The band, by the way, is Czerwone Gitari or, if you prefer, The Red Guitars. They are the Polish Beatles and are awesome.

OUTSTANDING!!! You've music selections never disappoint. Great song. Very catchy and worth repeated listens. I laughed at the drummer. I can only imagine what the production meeting was like before the video shoot.

"Hey drummerboy...you just carry the sticks and chicks will dig you"

What are chances of this thread making it to 100 pages? :D

Slim to none

What makes you say that? :P

I was wondering the same thing. I think he's afraid that government censors are about to impose a media blackout on coverage of the Goober case.

:fuckwithadmin:

Yeah, he's been threatening them in chat... It all adds up to now.

Who is threatening? :unsure:

Yeah, it was quite elliptic. I meant: RG is threatening the admins.

Are you serious? If so, I am, once again, speechless. :ph34r:

"RG is threatening the admins."

Huh? Even as a joke that makes no sense.

Think about the timing.

73 starts to go cold feet after 67 pages and immediately after, RG emerges in chatroom not once, not twice, but many times.

I sense CONNECTION!!

Huh?

Maybe Tombstone will give us all new territories with the coming YBG, territories that do not irk you or established forum members. In the meanwhile, I just felt left in limbo. Not a great feeling.

:macallan:

We're coasting into 15,000 hits. If we're irking people they haven't posted to let us know. This is a forum where people aren't afraid to share their opinions.

TRFr's read this...there's no other explanation for numbers. The people who comment and join in on the roast aren't malcontents who deserve limbo. This material isn't obscene or worthy of censorship.

Even if this thread is stifled it can't stop the creative synergy that exist among it's participants.

Quite right, Tombstone!

In all honesty, I find it hard to fathom any TRFers who would be offended by this thread, considering it is very obviously all in fun, and also considering some of the stuff that is posted on TRF, most especially in the political section.

Hear hear!

I'm not offended by this thread - it's the greatest thread ever! :yay: :clap: :yay: :clap: :yay:

Babycat is obviously a woman with impeccable taste!

• Like 4

Who dat?

http://youtu.be/SXwR9wHWEUE

OUTSTANDING!!! You've music selections never disappoint. Great song. Very catchy and worth repeated listens. I laughed at the drummer. I can only imagine what the production meeting was like before the video shoot.

"Hey drummerboy...you just carry the sticks and chicks will dig you"

Yeah, drummers are always mistreated. Just look at Ringo during all the Beatles videos and Tv appearances... he's always bummed!

• Like 1

We're getting closer to another

Yukon Blade Grinder

What can you expect faithful readers?

Well, since you asked

Sheduled to make an appearance,

even though he's dead.

And then we have

Yeah, he's dead too,

but it doesn't matter—it's the

Yukon Blade Grinder

Also featured are the incomparable Seven

Four Cities of Gold Dancers

You're gonna find out what actually happened to

Michael Jackson's nose from that awful

"Spirit's of Neverland" Ranch Fiasco.

You'll also learn more about that mysterious stone formation

And don't forget Chippy

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7a/Streifenh%C3%B6rnchen_Zion.jpg/120px-Streifenh%C3%B6rnchen_Zion.jpg

and his friends from the Black Forest.

You're gonna find out what can be done with roasted

Our reporter on special assignment will be none other than

Werner Herzog

taking you, the rabid reader on the trip of a lifetime.

Also featured, as apart of our music section

an exclusive

tribute to

Wow!!!

But wait—there's more

For you're undying support to the

The Yukon Blade Grinder

you also get

a set of

That's not all

You also receive

a sneak peak into the new album by

and

With proceeds going to the

Save

the Black Forest

Organization

Coming Soon

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 3

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7c/The_Rockettes.jpg/220px-The_Rockettes.jpg

:scared: Only four??? Whatever happened to the other three? Or do I really want to know??

I'm sitting on pins and needles.

How long is this article going to take to see the light of day? Or night??

• Like 2