Partscaster

Maverick

Warmoth has a nice selection of bodies and necks. I was considering making a George Harrison style rosewood Tele but after putting the 57s in my Lester with the push/pull pots for taps and phase I dropped the idea. I was going to get a Squire and convert that into an Andy Summers and use the leftovers for the George with a body and neck from Warmoth. They will pre drill everything to your specs with a really nice designer tool. The more elaborate the more pricey but very cool. The guy I played with in Trilogy built all of his guitars until he got a 339.

Warmoth is who I am looking at for neck and body. I'll get some of my hardware from them, too (ferrules, neck plate, small things like that.) I'm going to get a reverse loaded control plate (from Callaham Guitars) so all I have to do is drop it in and wire it up. I might get my tuners and bridge plate from Guitar Fetish. Pickups are going to be an agonizing choice. I'm leaning Lindy Fralin Split Blades, or even regular pups. But there are some Seymour Duncans that are really nice, as well as other, lesser known, makers, who have great reputations.
  • Like 1