Rush 6/28 Portland, OR/Ridgefield WA

Looks like a LOT of people are going to be at the show as first of all, the reserved seats are sold out. Secondly, I asked a woman that works in the ticket dept. at the venue how the lawn seats for Rush were selling a couple weeks back when I went to see BadCo (and the band that calls itself Lynyrd Skynyrd.....that ain't Skynyrd.....I know cuz I saw the REAL Skynyrd) and she said "quite well". Weather is cooperating (forcecast is for afternoon clearing and a high of 75) so anyone that wanted lawn and decided to wait on the weather will now likely go too. I'm going to guess over half the lawn occupied.

Section 102, row P, seats 23 & 24 here.

• Like 1

who will be there??? Section 103 Row R seats 29, 30, (or I think its 28 and 29, I forget)

NO NONE WILL BE THERE. LOL Since show is 7-28-13 not 6-28-13 But im there on 7-28-13 section 101 row r seat 22

My fiance and I will both be there! Section 102, Row R, seats 26 and 27! Pretty close to you, Driven!

Please introduce yourself to me and the Mrs. Nate. I'll be the really tall guy (6'7") with the R30 shirt on and she'll be the really not tall (5'2") woman with me. Oh, and we're old too. LOL Oh yeah, my pic is in my sig too. LMAO

BTW, we got us some really good seats man.

Edited by driventotheedge

Will do! I'll be the short (5'8") guy in the S+A shirt with a girl who is way too pretty to be with me lol. She's also really not tall haha. And my pic is my display picture too.

And yea I'm pretty happy with the seats! I'm hoping we're just far enough back to catch the whole production, including all of those moving tv screens.

Edited by Nate1647

I wanted to go to this but money is funny and other expenses made this trip a no go for me. I can't complain saw them twice last year. Enjoy the show the CA second half was special for me.

We're not leaving here til like 2pm (2 hour drive). I wanna leave now and just sit outside the arena lol. It's funny, I'm more excited for the look on Sabrinas face when we walk into the arena than I am for myself to walk into the place :P

My fiance and I will both be there! Section 102, Row R, seats 26 and 27! Pretty close to you, Driven!

Please introduce yourself to me and the Mrs. Nate. I'll be the really tall guy (6'7") with the R30 shirt on and she'll be the really not tall (5'2") woman with me. Oh, and we're old too. LOL Oh yeah, my pic is in my sig too. LMAO

Introduce yourself to me too driven! Ill be with my friend, I have black hair and will be wearing a red and black CA 2012 shirt. I'll come over and say hello!

Introduce yourself to me too driven! Ill be with my friend, I have black hair and will be wearing a red and black CA 2012 shirt. I'll come over and say hello!

Lookin' forward to it!

Just got into our motel. What a dump lol. Sabrina hardly wants to sleep in the bed haha. Those of you still checking into the "Inn at Salmon Creek," be warned!

Anyway we're heading off to get our Ctran tickets and then off to billygans!

On our way to billygans. If anyone wants to say hi, I'm in an addidas ball cap and a time machine 2010 shirt and my fiancé is in a rash shirt she turned into a tank top

What an epic concert! Had an absolute blast, and Sabrina was blown away. Driventotheedge was sitting 2 rows almost directly in front of us, so we were able to talk a lot at intermission, and I got to watch him rock out the whole time haha.

The first set was great, loved hearing The Analog Kid, and everything else. Neil's first solo was a bit different from what I've been seeing on youtube, as well.

The second set...WOW

Clockwork angels was definitely made to be played live. Just monstrous songs, even Halo Effect was so powerful. Cried during The Garden, big surprise lol. The Anarchist was so good, and I have a new appreciation for 7COG now. Manhattan Project and Red Sector A closed out my "songs I've never heard live" before, so for the rest, I was able to unfocus on the band and take everything else in. Truly fantastic.

That being said, I am starting to hate Rush fans. The guys next to me spend the whole show bitching about the songs. It wasn't til yyz started that they even smiled. So dumb.

My friend Andrea and her dad were also there, it was both of their first shows. I got a text from her about halfway through The Wreckers that pretty much summed the night up. She said, "This is amazing."

Overall, a great and fun night, managed to meet a few people, was able to sneak a thumbs up to Howard Ungerleider and said, "glad to see they're still paying you." he responded with, "yea right they haven't paid me since the 80's," and gave me a wink. I was hoping to have more time to chat to him but he got a call from backstage and had to head back there.

Now back to work :(

indeed, was a really good show. This is the only one I've seen on this tour. I was stoked they played "The Body Electric" - one of my favorite songs that hardly ever gets played, and only occasionally on this tour (every five shows, give or take). That was the one song I really wanted to see, but I was surprised that it didn't come off as well as I expected. I can see why they don't play it very much...it's seems like a difficult song to play and it's not one that many people know unless they're old-school fans, I think. "Analog Kid" and "Territories" were awesome, but really all the 80's material was great to see.

I was surprised by the new material. I've hardly listed to CA at all but I'm definitely going to spend some time with it now. It's nice to see they are recalling some of the sounds of their older material while still doing new stuff. "Headlong Flight" and "Carnies" were standouts for this section, as was "Halo Effect".

The string section thing was...strange. But, I think in general it worked well, even on the old stuff. "Manhattan Project" was a surprise, one because it's a great song and I didn't realize until right before the show that they were even playing it on this tour, and two because I thought the string section really took it to another level. "MP" was my favorite song of the show, which I didn't expect at all. It really worked in every respect and soared.

The videos were awesome, as usual. I love that they star in them and are so irreverent, in a very "3 Stooges" way. It's a refreshing break from all these artists and bands that are so serious about being rock stars.

The sound wasn't as good as any of shows I saw last tour (including at the same venue), mostly because Alex's guitar was lost in the mix a lot, unless he was soloing. During "Far Cry" I could hardly hear the guitar parts at all, they were just buried. It may have been because I was close in and far over on Geddy's side, but I don't remember that being a problem when I saw them there two years ago. It would be really interesting to see them in an arena instead of an amphitheater, which I don't believe I ever have.

Overall, my faith is restored. I was a little worried that age and touring were taking their toll but the boys looked fantastic, so I'm sure we'll see another tour in a few years when they've had a chance to rest.

Edited by devolution

What a show! (The Happy Birthday Clowns were a nice touch!) I thought Geddy's voice was surprisingly mellow and smooth.

Alex kept telling his technician, "Too Loud" during one song, but I don't remember which one. He seemed really distracted there for about 30 seconds.

Thought the show was better than last November in Seattle. Alex especially was tearing it up and a lot of flourishes in his playing last. Perhaps he was pissed about his sound and took it out on the guitars by "hammering" on them? Anyway, I thought the guys played their asses off, Ged's voice was strong and the size of the crowd was quite good. The lawn was at least half full and all the seats were sold so what, maybe 11000-12000? Sweet.

It was really nice to chat with Nate and Sabrina during intermission as well as JohnnyTRacer and his friend John. There are some great Rush fans out there. It's especially awesome to see younger folks like Nate and Sabrina into an older band like Rush. Unfortunately as Nate mentioned, there are some not so great Rush fans out there too.....to the guy behind me that couldn't grasp that I was trying to be not as tall/lower so you could see by sitting on the back of my chair and thus invading a little bit of your precious space........how was the view with a 6'7" guy standing in front of you the rest of the night? Did telling me to "fukk off" when I tried to explain that I was trying to help you see better end up working out well for you? I tried to help you man, tried to be polite and I tried to explain to you why I was sitting on the back of the chair, but some people just have to be dicks I suppose, eh? Well, my view at my height was really good the rest of the show since I stood straight up and was able to look over, oh everyone else in the audience. Sorry your friend had to struggle to see around me because you were an ass. Hope he told you to "fukk off" like you did me.

Nate: hope you and Sabrina were able to get a little sleep considering what you posted about the condition of the motel. Let us know OK?

Last comments: CA just gets better with age IMO and it translate extremely well live. It was great seeing/hearing 7COG since they didn't play it in Nov. in Seattle and because it's my buddy from Seattle's fav off the new CD (he was there too last night in Sec. 101, row 19). Manhattan Project was great live too as I've always dug that song and never seen it done live. And lastly, man is it gonna be a rough 2+ years waiting for another tour. Sigh.

Nate and JohnnyT: I'll upload the pics I took of you guys to RIAB in the photo section of "our" tour date likely later this afternoon or tomorrow. Also, if you guys want an e-mailed copy, just message me and I'll be happy to send them to you.

Edited by driventotheedge

Loved all the photos!

And yea, we were able to get some sleep lol. Although the room key fell out somewhere at the concert, so we had to pay 5 dollars for another one. We were asleep by midnight and were out of the hotel by 8:30 am haha. I'll be booking in advance next time!

Edited by Nate1647