Uncasville, CT show *spoilers*

CygnusGal

I was ready to put this into "What Made Your Day" in RS when I realized it contains spoiler information. So, it is now a thread in OTLS. I also have some YouTube videos that I'll be uploading later to make it a repository for those posts too. I'm going through the audit this morning. 23 videos in all, mostly complete songs. Limelight/Wish Them Well/Dreamline were the swap outs. It isn't what I heard in Austin two weeks ago, but it I thought it was going to be. And Neil's solo on Where's My Thing? was the most intense I've seen of his on this tour and I did get it in it's entirety. WTW and Red Sector A were two other goals accomplished. And no pyro limits in Uncasville! The fireworks and explosions were the biggest I'd seen since Manchester, NH. Huge! Thus ends my CA Tour headlong flight, the most shows on a tour for me - 4, and the first time I've seen the opening show of two legs of the same tour. :haz: :wub: :heart:

Another great show. :rush: :haz: An enthusiastic crowd and great songs. I got to hear Rush playing Rush like Rush. I missed everyone by the waterfall (long drive and long day) but I did speak to some guys who were there and they said a bunch of TRFers were around earlier. Bummer! I missed all of you! He was going to his 80th show and was a very nice fellow. "CygnusGal," he said, "I know you." That surprised me a little (he isn't a TRF poster) but I presume he's a guest reader. Another nice fellow was going to his 55th show. I met a third nice fellow and he was going to his 20-something. (21st for me last night!) I don't recall any of their names (my apologies).

So, here's my post, intended for WMYD in RS, but here in a thread for Uncasville due to spoiler content.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What made my day is Rush related. I went to the show in Uncasville, CT last night. I had an extra pair of tickets that I had been trying to get rid of for a while (posted on TRF, offered to local friends) with no luck. Until Wednesday. A person with whom I work said he'd love to see Rush since he liked the band but had never seen them live. I did not haggle, I just wanted the tickets to go to someone who would enjoy them and didn't really care about recouping any money by that point. I didn't want the seats to sit empty. And, it turns out it was his birthday (26) to boot. Happy Birthday! Two Rush tickets - gratis.

This morning, I'm home (a quasi-vacation day) and I'm just hanging out and I checked my e-mail. Here's what I found and the resulting exchange (my responses in italics):

Good Morning Robyn!

I’ve decorated your Cubicle for your return on Monday J

Thanks. Enjoy the show?

Very much so. Think that is the best concert I’ve been to thus far in my short lived career. They put on a hell of a show, would be nice if they can teach these so called artists of my day how to put on a decent show.

Excellent. That makes me very happy. I'm really glad you enjoyed the show. They are phenomenal live.

You weren’t kidding when you said it J I’ve yet to see effects like what they were using to that extent either. It was both appealing to the eyes and the ears. I think the greatest moment was the guy on stage dressed up like a chicken with the little Nome guys chasing him around. Second only to them playing the 1 song I really wanted to hear live for their last song of the night . J Tom Sawyer

His feedback absolutely makes my day. :D

• Like 2

Always in the pocket (now our mutual term of endearment). You had a great day it seems. Thanks for sharing all the good stuff. Isn't so cool to see them really focused and playing with reckless abandon? I freaking dig it chick!
  • Like 1

http://youtu.be/piENLdy40Hk

I didn't expect this one (I was expecting SCOG given Limelight and The Pass in the previous set) and was running low on battery (5% remaining and saving for this song) so the opening got clipped :doh:

http://youtu.be/95vlGGkHCjE

And of course, it turns out I had enough battery to capture the 2112 finale. Double :doh:

And I'm posting these in reverse setlist order ... triple :doh:

But, I'm not at work today ... ahhh ....

ETA: and I just love what the strings do for the sound :wub:

Edited by CygnusGal
  • Like 1

Sounds like an amazing concert! Your friend was sure lucky to get those tickets... He decorated your cubical? But you wont see it till Monday? Are you very curious about what he has done?
  • Like 1

Sounds like an amazing concert! Your friend was sure lucky to get those tickets... He decorated your cubical? But you wont see it till Monday? Are you very curious about what he has done?

Yes, the concert was fantastic! :D I presume that his reference was to providing a thank you gift (he told me he'd buy me a t-shirt). I don't need a red 2013 shirt though. I got one in Austin :haz:

I did get a key chain and bracelet at this concert. I don't know that I'll use the key chain since its design is close to the VT one I bought a dozen years ago and I practically destroyed that one. "Rush Limbo" (the round, solid, brass coloured one - no moving parts) is the only Rush keyring I've used that endures.

I was happy to introduce someone to a Rush concert. He had no idea they were so good. I also had a karmic debt which I believe is now paid.

• Like 1

Yes, the concert was fantastic! :D I presume that his reference was to providing a thank you gift (he told me he'd buy me a t-shirt). I don't need a red 2013 shirt though. I got one in Austin :haz:

I did get a key chain and bracelet at this concert. I don't know that I'll use the key chain since its design is close to the VT one I bought a dozen years ago and I practically destroyed that one. "Rush Limbo" (the round, solid, brass coloured one - no moving parts) is the only Rush keyring I've used that endures.

I was happy to introduce someone to a Rush concert. He had no idea they were so good. I also had a karmic debt which I believe is now paid.

Did he get you a t-shirt?

Yes! A nice one. All of the 2013 dates are on the back.

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y487/CygnusGal/e222c447-79bb-4f9c-9b09-3730a900d4a4_zpsaf1e5070.jpg

I was really surprised by this item though.

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y487/CygnusGal/photobucket-6236-1368480689815_zpsf1f4e424.jpg

I don't recall seeing this item at the swag table. I was delighted that he bought it for me. Offset Starman on the reverse side (red on a black background). There is a zippered pocket too. I think it is awesome and it super made my day! :D

Yes! A nice one. All of the 2013 dates are on the back.

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y487/CygnusGal/e222c447-79bb-4f9c-9b09-3730a900d4a4_zpsaf1e5070.jpg

I was really surprised by this item though.

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y487/CygnusGal/photobucket-6236-1368480689815_zpsf1f4e424.jpg

I don't recall seeing this item at the swag table. I was delighted that he bought it for me. Offset Starman on the reverse side (red on a black background). There is a zippered pocket too. I think it is awesome and it super made my day! :D

I like the shirt! I didn't get any this time around because none caught my eye, but that is sweet.

• Like 1