Iced Earth

adace1

In the long run...one of my favourite metal bands EVER. Top ten without a doubt when it comes to metal but...

The last five years I've played two albums...once each...I've lost touch with them even more than I have Rush!

I must see to this.

Certainly one of my favorite metal bands ever. I'm glad Stu is sticking around since he's a phenomenal singer. He's a mix of Matt Barlow and Ripper Owens. Jon Schaffer really hit the jackpot hiring him. And hey, they've kept the same singer for three albums straight now, so that's a good thing. Haven't done that since Barlow left the first time.

• Like 1

In the long run...one of my favourite metal bands EVER. Top ten without a doubt when it comes to metal but...

The last five years I've played two albums...once each...I've lost touch with them even more than I have Rush!

I must see to this.

Certainly one of my favorite metal bands ever. I'm glad Stu is sticking around since he's a phenomenal singer. He's a mix of Matt Barlow and Ripper Owens. Jon Schaffer really hit the jackpot hiring him. And hey, they've kept the same singer for three albums straight now, so that's a good thing. Haven't done that since Barlow left the first time.

I will try and get back to these guys soon! I'd like an Iced Earth marathon. I did that with In Flames last year and that was awesome (although a lot of their work sucks).

J2112YYZ could you tell me where to start with Iced Earth again?

Not only has it been years since I listened to them I've completely forgotten what albums I enjoyed the most lol

Not only has it been years since I listened to them I've completely forgotten what albums I enjoyed the most lol

Matt Barlow is their most beloved vocalist. So, Burnt Offerings, Dark Saga, Something Wicked This Way Comes and Horror Show.

• Like 1

Matt Barlow is their most beloved vocalist. So, Burnt Offerings, Dark Saga, Something Wicked This Way Comes and Horror Show.

I always loved horror show,

As far as the newer stuff dystopia and pkagues of babylon are excellent, imo

• Like 1

Really enjoying the new album. I'm getting a bit of a mid 90s Iced Earth vibe on this one.

Favorites are Black Flag, Raven Wing, The Veil and Clear The Way.

Im liking more and more each listen, my first listen was a little off but growing quickly!

I find the indian song ( ghost dance? ) quite interesting

About 3 listens in and staying on rotation for a long while

• Like 1

Really enjoying the new album. I'm getting a bit of a mid 90s Iced Earth vibe on this one.

Im liking more and more each listen, my first listen was a little off but growing quickly!

I find the indian song ( ghost dance? ) quite interesting

About 3 listens in and staying on rotation for a long while

Ghost Dance is a pretty good instrumental. Could be played live to give Stu a few to rest his voice. Love his voice on this album. Probably his best one since joining the band. He's doing some different things with his voice that I really like.

• Like 1

I look forward to this. I LOVE Iced Earth but they've somehow ended up lost in my affections in recent years, through no fault of their own.

I look forward to this. I LOVE Iced Earth but they've somehow ended up lost in my affections in recent years, through no fault of their own.

Have you heard the two other albums they did with Stu on vocals?

Not that I'm aware. I may have but not for long.

Also I really recommend you try an album called Through Shadow Into Light by The Spiral Sequence.

Discovered it yesterday and I'm already talking with the band and ordered the album. It came out in 2013 and it's a stunning debut! Thrashy, prog flavoured gothic metal. Think mid-nineties Paradise Lost minus the commercial appeal.

Also I really recommend you try an album called Through Shadow Into Light by The Spiral Sequence.

Discovered it yesterday and I'm already talking with the band and ordered the album. It came out in 2013 and it's a stunning debut! Thrashy, prog flavoured gothic metal. Think mid-nineties Paradise Lost minus the commercial appeal.

You should give the albums Dystopia and Plagues Of Babylon a listen then. Stu Block is the perfect mix of Matt Barlow and Ripper Owens vocally while still adding his own style. The best overall singer the band has ever had.

Listen to Dystopia first. That was his debut with the band.

I'll check out that band. I'm more interested in getting into newer bands these days as opposed to trying to get into older ones that have huge discographies.

You should give the albums Dystopia and Plagues Of Babylon a listen then. Stu Block is the perfect mix of Matt Barlow and Ripper Owens vocally while still adding his own style. The best overall singer the band has ever had.

Listen to Dystopia first. That was his debut with the band.

I'll check out that band. I'm more interested in getting into newer bands these days as opposed to trying to get into older ones that have huge discographies.

Thanks I shall! I'd like to return to Iced Earth. From my experience I always enjoyed them more than Iron Maiden. Like Maiden I was drawn in by the artwork...then I stayed for the music.

The veil has really, really grown on me . Becoming one of my favorites on this release. I didnt really like it at first lol

The veil has really, really grown on me . Becoming one of my favorites on this release. I didnt really like it at first lol

Reminds me of something off Burnt Offerings just not as aggressive.

The new album is terrific!
  • Like 2

The new album is terrific!

Yes it is.

This band has never disappointed me. Always top notch stuff. They do metal the way it should be done. Shame more people don't know who they are in North America but that's probably what drives Jon Schaffer to do the best he possibly can with each album.

Always feeling like you've got something to prove is great for any professional musician to have.

I'd like to find the time to get back into these guys. I'm just so busy!

But they are amazing. I like them more than Maiden I just find it takes a bit more effort to get the most from these guys.

I can see this dominating my year.

Well, after multiple listens im happy. Another great effort here . No small feat as this band has been around forvere