Awkward moment in L.A. news coverage of RRHOF

jjgittes

From the "isn't there any communication going on in the news department that is supposed to communicate with us" department...

On the 10PM newscast Thursday night, Los Angeles station KTLA teased us before the commercial with a reporter outside Staples Center telling us he was going to report on the RRHOF festivities. So "Spirit of Radio" starts playing in the background. It is playing loudly and he says it was a big night because he got to meet...... Neil Diamond. Then, they cut to the weather girl to promote her upcoming breasts, I mean, weather segment, with SOR still playing loudly. So she starts singing "Sweet Caroline" which is drowned out by SOR playing even louder. Man, if not for her implants and short skirt, I would have called to complain about the station's lack of ability to properly convince us they cared about who was being honored.

Just more proof that most of the talking heads and the people behind the scenes in the news business...especially the local stations...are just as stupid and clueless as they get accused of and parodied in movies like Anchorman. They often wouldn't know what to say without the TelePrompTer and even with it still get things constantly wrong. And dont get me started on the fake "witty" banter and forced laughter between stories and when they throw it to the sports or weather guy. Edited by jnoble

I must confess I've seen Neil Diamond live while in my early 20's...and had a great time...dude puts on a show and can sing his ass off. Listen to "Coming to America"...a great song

:scared:

Seriously, I think it's cool you dig Neil Diamond. I can top you, though:

My very first Rush album I bought was Moving Pictures. I bought another album at the same time.

It was by the group Air Supply. I'm being serious.

I'll bet I'm the ONLY Rush band that has ever done that!

Clem

I must confess I've seen Neil Diamond live while in my early 20's...and had a great time...dude puts on a show and can sing his ass off. Listen to "Coming to America"...a great song

No need to confess. Diamond was hugely popular in his day.

A buddy of mine saw Tony Orlando & Dawn at some business convention, and he said they were GREAT.... :laughing guy:

Edited by Principled Man

:scared:

Seriously, I think it's cool you dig Neil Diamond. I can top you, though:

My very first Rush album I bought was Moving Pictures. I bought another album at the same time.

It was by the group Air Supply. I'm being serious.

I'll bet I'm the ONLY Rush band that has ever done that!

Clem

An underrated band. Really an interesting concoction of talent. For a while they really had something going. Vocal harmonies were sublime and thoughtful craftsmenship musically. However, I've never owned an Air Supply album.