Songs not included on R30 dvd?

dilbertyard

I could be mistaken, but it seemed like the majority (if not all) of the songs that were not included were just featured on the Rush in Rio DVD, so maybe they didn't want to duplicate the songs.

I think the Blu-Ray of R30 does have the whole set, though. If so, maybe that was an incentive to buy the blue-ray rather than the plain ol' DVD.

Clem

I could be mistaken, but it seemed like the majority (if not all) of the songs that were not included were just featured on the Rush in Rio DVD, so maybe they didn't want to duplicate the songs.

I think the Blu-Ray of R30 does have the whole set, though. If so, maybe that was an incentive to buy the blue-ray rather than the plain ol' DVD.

Clem

Yes, i think that was part of their thinking on it. The repeating. But I also think maybe they may have thought their performances on a couple of those songs were not up to par. Especially Rainy Day Women #12 & 35.

Why is is that they shortened up all the old Concert videos? I love the X3 DVD's but I sure with GUP and ESL were complete shows. What is the point of stripping songs out? If something was less than perfect its not the end of the world. They are human after all

We can only hope that those clippings are lying around somewhere waiting for a rainy day fund release.

I'm even pissed they cut the couple of the song out of ASoH.

Just imagine how unbelievable it would be to have the ESL and GuP videos complete. What awesome shows those were.

Why is is that they shortened up all the old Concert videos? I love the X3 DVD's but I sure with GUP and ESL were complete shows. What is the point of stripping songs out? If something was less than perfect its not the end of the world. They are human after all

Back before the DVD format was unleashed, concerts were rarely featured with the complete show when released commercially. I'm not sure why. Maybe it had something to do with the old equipment - recording with analog instead of digital or something. I remember when Phil Collins released a 1990 concert of the entire show on a video, and I was majorly stoked. It just never happened.

Clem

Yeah the reason they cut out the songs on the disc was to keep it to a 2 disc set, and they picked out 8 lesser known songs that were on R30 to cut. The cut on the DVD was to co-incide with the CD release. Meanwhile they began to release the missing songs as bonus features on other DVDs. If I remember correctly, Red sector A was on Snakes and Arrows Live, One Little Victory was on Working Men, Secret Touch could be found on the DVD for retrospective 3, and Bravado and YYZ were on Beyond the Lighted Stage. Later when the Blu-Ray came out the 8 missing songs were restored. I think Geddy mentioned in an interview that he did not know why they came to the decision to cut the 8 songs as there was no point beyond preventing redundancy.