My Rush day at work! :)

Mika

I'll first put out there that many of the people that I work with enjoy music along the lines of Rihanna and Lady Gaga and such-like, so I often feel a bit 'out of style' when it comes to discussing music. But today....

I was in a bit of a darker mood, so I decided to wear my Metallica hoodie to work, and one of the guys noticed and, first off, made fun of me because it's a St. Anger design, and then asked me what my favourite bands were. "Well, Rush..." I responded, and hit the right nerve with him! He said how he can play 'Tom Sawyer' on drums and can do much of 'YYZ'. I said I was learning 'Tom Sawyer' on bass, and he remarked what a phenomenally awesome bass player Geddy Lee is. :blush: "What I like best about him is his nose and his glasses," he added, which is kind of weird, but whatevs.

Then, he started breaking out into a rendition of 'Freewill', and for the next little while there was a chorus of would-be Geddys [Geddies?] singing all over! Oh, to be able to sing along to Rush songs acapella at work... marvelous. I was thinking about doing a solo of 'Red Sector A', one of my favourites to belt out when no-one's around, but we had to actually get some work done, too....

Man, any day with some Rush at work automatically becomes a much awesomer day.

Just wanted to share with all you fellow Rushies that might appreciate this! :)

• Like 2

Mika, a while back, I quite confidently stated that you should be Rush's Public Relations Director, or Communications Manager, or both. Well, as far as I am concerned you ARE Rush's PR & Communications Manager!

:yes:

• Like 2

Too bad I wasn't there.

First, I would have tossed something simulating a drum stick (like a knife [blunt edged, of course]) up in the air ala Neil. After it clamoring to the floor due to my failure to catch it, I would have picked it up and given it a twirl and watched it go flying out of my hands clamoring yet again to the floor :D , we would commence singing.

All right everyone, watch the bouncing ball...ready?

A one and a two and a three.....

There are those who think that life has nothing left to chance

A host of holy horrors to direct our aimless dance

A planet of play things

We dance on the strings

Of powers we cannot perceive

'The stars aren't aligned

Or the gods are malign...'

Blame is better to give than receive

[Chorus:]

You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill

I will choose a path that's clear

I will choose freewill

:LOL: :lol: :LOL:

• Like 1

Mika, a while back, I quite confidently stated that you should be Rush's Public Relations Director, or Communications Manager, or both. Well, as far as I am concerned you ARE Rush's PR & Communications Manager!

I'll be her secretary. I can just see it now.....

Phone rings.

"Geddy, this is the 4th time you have called this hour. I am very sorry, but Miz Mika can't come to the phone at the moment. She is biz doing other things. I don't think she will be able to come over and eat soup with you and the boys today. Please don't call again unless it is something really urgent. Thank you and good bye!"

• Like 2

So much for being in a dark mood, eh?

Yes, it's very nice when nice things like Rush can improve the mood!

But seriously, there's a lot of stupid shit going on at work right now, and I'm on the fence as to whether I should pack it in and leave (which I really should, except I'm scared). But maybe I should, for my sake, try wearing my Rush shirts instead of dwelling in the darkness....

Phone rings.

"Geddy, this is the 4th time you have called this hour. I am very sorry, but Miz Mika can't come to the phone at the moment. She is biz doing other things. I don't think she will be able to come over and eat soup with you and the boys today. Please don't call again unless it is something really urgent. Thank you and good bye!"

Aw, Lorraine, that's not realistic!

I mean, what are the chances that I would turn down a soup-eating visit with Geddy? More likely he would keep getting called from us to come over and just hang out so we can wallow in his awesomeness! :D

But when he visited us I would certainly make sure that we have appropriate desktop backgrounds on the computers - the Geddy-Alex-and-John-in-underwear picture would have to changed over to one of a beach or something....

• Like 1

Phone rings.

I mean, what are the chances that I would turn down a soup-eating visit with Geddy? More likely he would keep getting called from us to come over and just hang out so we can wallow in his awesomeness! :D

But when he visited us I would certainly make sure that we have appropriate desktop backgrounds on the computers - the Geddy-Alex-and-John-in-underwear picture would have to changed over to one of a beach or something....

Well, all right. We'll make it more realistic. I'll rewrite the script:

Phone rings.

"Hello Geddy? This is Mika."

"Mika, this is the twelfth time you have called me in forty-five minutes. What is it now?"

"Well, Geddy, Lorraine and I were wondering if you could come over and join us for a steaming bowl of matzo ball soup."

Click.

:LOL: :lol: :LOL:

How's that?

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 4

I "liked" my own post 'cause it made me laugh.

I liked it too, because it made me pee my pants... metaphorically speaking, of course!! :laughing guy:

• Like 1

Yeah, I haven't met one girl who likes them. Michigan wasn't a very big place for them. But now that I've moved to Texas, there should be a better chance. lol. Musicians everywhere.

Yeah I was out in Austin TX For a percussion conference, and I got more compliments for my rush shirts from girls than guys! Not to mention I spent most of my time with Chromey

Phone rings.

The wallpaper on my iPhone is the underwear picture. I showed it to Alex at a show while flirting with him and got a pick. Don't change it, you'll get presents. :D

• Like 1

Phone rings.

The wallpaper on my iPhone is the underwear picture. I showed it to Alex at a show while flirting with him and got a pick. Don't change it, you'll get presents. :D

Gangst'... you little California flirter, you!

• Like 1