Hippie vs. Hipster question

rushgoober

I really love Hipster culture.

If I had it my way, I'd be wearing scarves of multi color with skinny jeans...I already have large frame glasses but I need a latte

I'm pretty sure I get mistaken for a hipster a lot since I wear Dr Martens and skinny jeans*. I wish I owned a bunch of scarves, but I don't know how to pair them with anything. Fashion illiterate.

*dont judge me-I like the boots-over-pants look, which skinny jeans are an essential for.

Ok, since I started this thread I've had my eyes peeled for hipsters, and amazingly enough, like dead people are to Haley Joel Osment in The Sixth Sense... they're everywhere!

Maybe I just don't normally pay attention to appearances too much because these people were obviously around prior to my noticing them, but now that my eyes are opened to hipsterdom, I see really obvious hipsters a lot. Today, at an outdoor cafe, i saw two guys talking to each other - one of them had big dark glasses with thick bright red frames and he was suitably attired in a mishmosh of styles. The other guy had a plaid shirt, skinny jeans and an absolutely ridiculous moustache that was waxed and curled up into a couple of tight spirals. I wish I could have snapped a picture.

Here's a hilarious video I found online. It's a little dated (from 2007), especially evident by the use of myspace, but REALLY funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAO4EVMlpwM