Membership has its privileges

ThinkingBig

If your serious about going to the RRHOF induction ceremony, then your best chance of getting tickets is....

Becoming a member of the RRHOF museum.

Ticket Purchase Information

Tickets to the 2013 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony go on sale to the public on Friday, January 25th. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum Members will have the opportunity to purchase advance sale tickets to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2013 Inductions. Memberships must be active as of January 1st, 2013. Some restrictions apply. Stay tuned for more details! Not a member? Click here to become one!

My wife joins every museum and zoo we visit on a regular basis.

I will be looking into this in more detail.."Some restrictions apply" has me concerned. When you look at the memberships it only mentions induction ceremony ticket availability at the $5,000 level. I live 20 minutes from the Rock Hall so I could use a membership, but I am not in for $5K!

Also, how much are tickets to the ceremony anyway? I have heard stories of up to $1200 each. No thanks if that is the case. I will wait till they replay the ceremony on May 18th!

I do not plan on attending this bittersweet affair. Hopefully Madonna and ABBA can present the award to Rush.

I was originally planning on going. A couple years ago, when we watched Beyond the Lighted Stage together, my wife said "we should go if they're inducted." Ged bless her, she's not even that big of a Rush fan, she just knows how important they are to me.

But I'm an Eastcoaster, and the ceremony is in L.A. this year, dagnabbit! NYC or even Cleveland, no problem, but L.A., I'm running into boku bucks. Airfare, hotel, taxis, event tickets...

Revised plan: "splurge" on adding HBO to our DirecTV package. Watch and DVR the ceremony on TV. Then discontinue HBO.