Apple Throws a Tantrum After Being Ordered to Tell Samsung Their HTC Secrets

Gompers

Apple Throws a Tantrum After Being Ordered to Tell Samsung Their HTC Secrets

http://news.yahoo.co...-001121226.html

The legal war between Samsung and Apple is going really well and they're both behaving like civil, reasonable adults. Ha, no, not really. Apple just threw a tantrum because they were ordered to tell Samsung a bunch of secrets that could potentially help Samsung keep their products on the shelves.

On Thursday, a judge ordered Apple to hand over information about their patent deal with HTC to Samsung. Samsung wants to see the patent agreement between HTC and Apple because it could potentially help their defense in Apple's crusade to get most of Samsung's biggest products taken off store shelves. The Verge's Bryan Bishop explained it best:

If so, the company argues, Apple's request that infringing Samsung products be removed from the market falls apart, because Apple was happy to "forego exclusivity in exchange for money" — and in this instance, Apple is already receiving money in the form of a

So, most likely in response to that judge's ruling, Apple added a bunch of new products to the never-ending list of Samsung things they want taken off store shelves for infringing on their patents. The new list includes the following:

• Samsung's Galaxy S III running the latest Android software (which recently passed the iPhone in global dominance)
  • Samsung's Galaxy Note 2
  • Samsung's Galaxy Tab 8.9 Wifi
  • Samsung's Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
  • Samsung's Rugby Pro
  • Samsung's Galaxy S III Mini

This is just another chapter in the totally mature, totally civil legal battle between the two companies. It will get uglier before it's resolved, we can promise you that.

I have been hearing great things about the Galaxy from people who have it. When I hop on the Smartphone bandwagon, I plan on getting one, hopefully.

I have been hearing great things about the Galaxy from people who have it. When I hop on the Smartphone bandwagon, I plan on getting one, hopefully.

I thought you were there already, bro!

Not yet, as it is a bit pricey. The only thing Android I have is a tablet.
  • Like 1

I thought you were there already, bro!

Not yet, as it is a bit pricey. The only thing Android I have is a tablet.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S SIII as well as the Tab.

Got my wife a Galaxy S3 a couple of weeks ago. The deciding factor was she like her maps app on her Droid X. Since google maps

is not easy to use on an iphone without actual app she got the s3. Apple is turning stupid.