I wonder why it was just Buffalo? *spoilers*

I am a diehard fan, obviously. But I've only seen Rush live once, on the Counterparts tour. My fiancée also became a big fan this year. We have tickets to the San Antonio show, and we would be delighted if they play Limelight. It's one of my five favorite Rush songs. There are plenty of album cuts in the setlist. Why is Limelight so offensive for some? Rush does still attract new fans, keep in mind. Having contempt for fans--be they veteran or new--who want to hear Limelight is a little silly. I would argue that fan elitism of that nature drives away people who are coming to the band for the first time. Isn't a balanced setlist that caters to fans new and old the best solution?

Good post.

There is a fine line between "they play this too much" and "they never play this one enough". It changes based on the emotional needs of the complainant on any given day.

I am a diehard fan, obviously. But I've only seen Rush live once, on the Counterparts tour. My fiancée also became a big fan this year. We have tickets to the San Antonio show, and we would be delighted if they play Limelight. It's one of my five favorite Rush songs. There are plenty of album cuts in the setlist. Why is Limelight so offensive for some? Rush does still attract new fans, keep in mind. Having contempt for fans--be they veteran or new--who want to hear Limelight is a little silly. I would argue that fan elitism of that nature drives away people who are coming to the band for the first time. Isn't a balanced setlist that caters to fans new and old the best solution?

I'll throw in my "good post" here as well. I never tire of the standards like Limelight and look forward to seeing which deeper cuts are being played with each new tour. I actually think the band does a pretty good job of balancing the two.

Anyone who thought this tour wouldn't be very heavily leaned toward CA wasn't paying attention to all the songs played off S&A on those 2 tours. I mean look, we got a "nostalgia" set on R40 followed by a "new album" set on the S&A tours followed by another nostalgia set on the TM tour and now we're back to a new album set. What makes this one better than the S&A tours is that CA kicks major fukking ass. S&A was pretty good in my eyes but not nearly as top notch as CA..

Because, I don't want limelight (and happily they didn't play it in Cleveland. I'm getting A in Tampa. So i'm happy.). Not only that, but the placement is horrible. Right between two synth songs.

Ruins the flow. Heard MANY boots from the tour so far. Watched the Limelight video on YT. It just seemed so "through the motions."

I agree. I listened to the Buffalo show, and Limelight felt very out of place between the two PoW songs. And the performance felt very through the motions to me, too.

-Jane

Well, i'll speak as someone who was actually at the show.Limelight didn't seem out of place to me and wasn't " throught the motions".

Because, I don't want limelight (and happily they didn't play it in Cleveland. I'm getting A in Tampa. So i'm happy.). Not only that, but the placement is horrible. Right between two synth songs.

Ruins the flow. Heard MANY boots from the tour so far. Watched the Limelight video on YT. It just seemed so "through the motions."

I agree. I listened to the Buffalo show, and Limelight felt very out of place between the two PoW songs. And the performance felt very through the motions to me, too.

-Jane

Well, i'll speak as someone who was actually at the show.Limelight didn't seem out of place to me and wasn't " throught the motions".

+1 - heard peeps rave about the inclusion of Limelight and its placement in the set. Go figure...

-Jane

+1 - heard peeps rave about the inclusion of Limelight and its placement in the set. Go figure...

I'd rather Limelight over The Body Electric any day of the week. Middletown Dreams, now that's a different story! But The Body Electric is probably one of my least favourite songs of their entire catalogue, and I got the "privilege" of hearing it in Toronto. I would much rather have heard Limelight.