Geddy

bigalfan

I have to say my appreciation for the sheer joy of music displayed by Mr. Lee has increased over the course of watching several shows from S&A until now. I am a 'bigalfan' because I play guitar - have been learning from this guy since All The World's a Stage came out - and because his goofiness is endearing, but with that, it seems to me he can be a little 'moody' from night to night on stage. His silliness obviously shows up from time to time and I've seen Alex do an entire show with the joy of the music and the moment being THE focus, but I've also seen him do a show like he just received a disturbing phone call right before they went on stage. Geddy on the other hand seems to always lose himself in the sheer joy of the moment and music. Always! I have really come to appreciate not only his phenomenal skills as a musician/singer, but also his pure joy of the music no matter what - whether it be the first show of a grueling tour or the last. I'm not saying the others don't, Neil is such a concentrated machine it's hard to tell what's going thru his mind, I'm just saying Geddy tends to display it night in and night out to which I say, "Here's to you Ged!" trink39.gif That's all.

This is true. Witnessing the joy that Geddy brings to the stage is the main thing that made me fall for Rush.

Here's a video clip from 2007 in which Geddy talks about touring. I love the emotion he shows at the end when he gets to the part about how he feels on stage and the fans applaud.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/XVnH_lzw3yQ

wub.gif wub.gif 2.gif

Edited by GeddysMullet

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Sep 29 2012, 03:42 PM)
This is true.  Witnessing the joy that Geddy brings to the stage is the main thing that made me fall for Rush.

Here's a video clip from 2007 in which Geddy talks about touring.  I love the emotion he shows at the end when he gets to the part about how he feels on stage and the fans applaud.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/XVnH_lzw3yQ

wub.gif  wub.gif  2.gif

Thanks for sharing the interview, GM. smile.gif Very good!

GeddyFinal.gif wub.gif

I cannot begin to describe my love for Geddy Lee as a musician. I do not play any instruments, I cannot carry a tune, basically I am tin-eared. That being said, Geddy has a voice and a gentleness to him that makes me smile like no other artist can. I enjoy his singing and melodies to the point that I get chicken skin (goose bumps to others) constantly while listening to RUSH.

I am not taking anything away from Alex or Neil, either. They are my favorite guitar player and percussionist, respectively. There is just something about Ged that soothes my soul, so to speak.

GeddyFinal.gif

QUOTE (Smug Monkey @ Oct 1 2012, 01:08 PM)
I cannot begin to describe my love for Geddy Lee as a musician. I do not play any instruments, I cannot carry a tune, basically I am tin-eared. That being said, Geddy has a voice and a gentleness to him that makes me smile like no other artist can. I enjoy his singing and melodies to the point that I get chicken skin (goose bumps to others) constantly while listening to RUSH.

I am not taking anything away from Alex or Neil, either. They are my favorite guitar player and percussionist, respectively. There is just something about Ged that soothes my soul, so to speak.

GeddyFinal.gif

yes.gif

As you say, not taking anything away from Alex and Neil, but Geddy is just something else.

I don't know what it is but I like it! wub.gif heart.gif b_sigh.gif GeddyFinal.gif

QUOTE (Smug Monkey @ Oct 1 2012, 01:08 PM)
I cannot begin to describe my love for Geddy Lee as a musician.  I do not play any instruments, I cannot carry a tune, basically I am tin-eared.  That being said, Geddy has a voice and a gentleness to him that makes me smile like no other artist can.  I enjoy his singing and melodies to the point that I get chicken skin (goose bumps to others) constantly while listening to RUSH. 

I am not taking anything away from Alex or Neil, either.  They are my favorite guitar player and percussionist, respectively.  There is just something about Ged that soothes my soul, so to speak.   

GeddyFinal.gif

goodpost.gif Nicely stated.

Geddy sings to my soul too. smile.gif

GeddyFinal.gif wub.gif heart.gif

QUOTE (bigalfan @ Sep 29 2012, 09:36 AM)
I have to say my appreciation for the sheer joy of music displayed by Mr. Lee has increased over the course of watching several shows from S&A until now. I am a 'bigalfan' because I play guitar - have been learning from this guy since All The World's a Stage came out - and because his goofiness is endearing, but with that, it seems to me he can be a little 'moody' from night to night on stage. His silliness obviously shows up from time to time and I've seen Alex do an entire show with the joy of the music and the moment being THE focus, but I've also seen him do a show like he just received a disturbing phone call right before they went on stage. Geddy on the other hand seems to always lose himself in the sheer joy of the moment and music. Always! I have really come to appreciate not only his phenomenal skills as a musician/singer, but also his pure joy of the music no matter what - whether it be the first show of a grueling tour or the last. I'm not saying the others don't, Neil is such a concentrated machine it's hard to tell what's going thru his mind, I'm just saying Geddy tends to display it night in and night out to which I say, "Here's to you Ged!" trink39.gif That's all.

Fantastic post!!

"That being said, Geddy has a voice and a gentleness to him that makes me smile like no other artist can. I enjoy his singing and melodies to the point that I get chicken skin (goose bumps to others) constantly while listening to RUSH".

I love Geddy's voice - I think it sounds so sincere and heart felt.

When Ged sings "and if love remains" in Bravado I tear up lol.