Wisdom Teeth out tomorrow

FountainOfSyrinx

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Aug 23 2012, 09:33 AM)

Now that you've had your surgery I will share this story: my daughter's IV had become infiltrated so they needed to stop and move the IV to her other arm, but the dentist was half-way through the second tooth on the right side and did not want to stop until he was done. Well, she kinda woke up, and she remembers it hurting like hell.
They fixed the IV and finished her off, but she had trouble for a good week with that tooth that he continued to take out. I even took her back to the dentist about 2 days later because she was hurting so badly. sad.gif

wow! That sounds like they really messed up! I've heard a few isues like that but nothing absolutely huge. It sucks she hurt so bad!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Aug 23 2012, 01:01 PM)
QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 23 2012, 08:03 AM)
QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Aug 23 2012, 03:14 AM)
QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 22 2012, 03:49 PM)
How's the pain index today brotha from anotha motha?

Anything good to eat lately? popcorn.gif

I had cheese fries at the Ranger game tonight trink36.gif

That's the spirit. Have steak tonight see where that takes ya laugh.gif

last time I saw a game in Arlington was the divisional playoffs against the Yankees...the bugs were really really really freaking bad. It felt like something was falling on your head every 10 seconds. Fried bugs dropping from the lights...nice. Fantastic place to see a MLB game.

Ws that at the old Arlington Stadium or the Ballpark?

Forgive me.. I don't know my Ranger history past 2000.

the new one...just built. lovely park.

Glad most of you had a better time than me.

I got mine taken out a year ago, all 4 at once.

They told me they weren't impacted and that it would be a simple tooth pull.

I also had 1 cavity so they decided to fill that during the same appointment.

They first froze me up and gave me the laughing gas and did the cavity first.

I have had cavities filled before and all those times it sucked, but with the laughing gas it was awesome, I was joking with them during the whole filling and didn't feel a thing, I could only smell burning teeth as they drilled but that was it. I remember saying to them "Can I take this stuff home?"

Then they got to my wisdom teeth....

Even though they kept the gas on it was doing nothing for me. They first took out both of my left side wisdom's and it hurt like hell. But the worst was number 3 my bottom right, it took about 20-30 minutes on that tooth alone, he broke it in half and i was shoved very far down into the chair as he pushed and pushed to get the bugger out as I was kicking my legs in the air, I got very close to kicking his assistant in the back of the head.

My middle finger had found a very small hole in the armchair padding and by the end of it all there was no padding left.

Eventually when it was all over I felt like I had the crap beaten out of me. To make matters worse my meds sucked, he gave my Tylenol 3's which did nothing for me. I had them taken out in the morning and for the rest of the day i could barely drink water and got zero sleep that night.

The next day I was able to eat scrambled eggs but only if i put small pieces in my mouth and didn't chew what so ever.

It took me about 4 days before I could chew anything.

Probably the worst pain in my life............ SOOOOOO happy I never have to do it again.

QUOTE (Steve_888 @ Aug 23 2012, 02:23 PM)
Glad most of you had a better time than me.

I got mine taken out a year ago, all 4 at once.
They told me they weren't impacted and that it would be a simple tooth pull.

I also had 1 cavity so they decided to fill that during the same appointment.

They first froze me up and gave me the laughing gas and did the cavity first.
I have had cavities filled before and all those times it sucked, but with the laughing gas it was awesome, I was joking with them during the whole filling and didn't feel a thing, I could only smell burning teeth as they drilled but that was it. I remember saying to them "Can I take this stuff home?"

Then they got to my wisdom teeth....
Even though they kept the gas on it was doing nothing for me. They first took out both of my left side wisdom's and it hurt like hell. But the worst was number 3 my bottom right, it took about 20-30 minutes on that tooth alone, he broke it in half and i was shoved very far down into the chair as he pushed and pushed to get the bugger out as I was kicking my legs in the air, I got very close to kicking his assistant in the back of the head.

My middle finger had found a very small hole in the armchair padding and by the end of it all there was no padding left.

Eventually when it was all over I felt like I had the crap beaten out of me. To make matters worse my meds sucked, he gave my Tylenol 3's which did nothing for me. I had them taken out in the morning and for the rest of the day i could barely drink water and got zero sleep that night.

The next day I was able to eat scrambled eggs but only if i put small pieces in my mouth and didn't chew what so ever.

It took me about 4 days before I could chew anything.

Probably the worst pain in my life............ SOOOOOO happy I never have to do it again.

This is why I'm glad I had my wizzies out in the hospital under full anesthetic with dental surgeons using proper surgical tools for the job.

I ended up having to have a little piece of my jaw cut to free the roots on the bottom right one. It looks like a sliver of concrete stuck between the roots...

trink36.gif

Dang some of you guys have some wisdom tooth horror stories. I had to get four removed a few years ago right before Christmas and I was under anesthetic and didn't feel a thing. I couldn't eat the first day, but I wasn't in much pain at all so I sold my Percs. My brother had six wisdom teeth removed, so I can only imagine the pain he must have been in.

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Aug 24 2012, 03:55 PM)
Dang some of you guys have some wisdom tooth horror stories. I had to get four removed a few years ago right before Christmas and I was under anesthetic and didn't feel a thing. I couldn't eat the first day, but I wasn't in much pain at all so I sold my Percs. My brother had six wisdom teeth removed, so I can only imagine the pain he must have been in.

Six?? huh.gif

What is he a werewolf??

ohmy.gif laugh.gif