Clockwork Angels Novel-Signed Special Editions

mandydog

QUOTE (Rushrks @ Aug 30 2012, 06:25 PM)
Very excited to see a shipping notification for my gold edition, I had my receipt in hand at 10:02 so hoping i got a very low number edition.

I didn't get any shipping notice. Even better!!!!

My gold edition package showed up at my door today. Got number 10.

It's well packaged and looks really awesome!!!!!!

Edited by rsmintzberg

I haven't gotten anything yet, email or otherwise. I chose standard shipping, so there may not be any sort of tracking number. Just have to sweat it out. I don't really get too worked up over which number I'm getting. I'll be happy when they show up. I did see an actual image of the slipcover on ebay--someone's already selling one that they received in the mail. Looks sharp.

QUOTE (HalfwayToGone @ Aug 30 2012, 08:19 PM)
I haven't gotten anything yet, email or otherwise. I chose standard shipping, so there may not be any sort of tracking number. Just have to sweat it out. I don't really get too worked up over which number I'm getting. I'll be happy when they show up. I did see an actual image of the slipcover on ebay--someone's already selling one that they received in the mail. Looks sharp.

You said, "I'll be happy when they show up."

You wouldn't happen to have an extra copy for a Rush fan in need, would you?

Can't wait to read this one.

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Aug 31 2012, 09:13 AM)
QUOTE (HalfwayToGone @ Aug 30 2012, 08:19 PM)
I haven't gotten anything yet, email or otherwise.  I chose standard shipping, so there may not be any sort of tracking number.  Just have to sweat it out.  I don't really get too worked up over which number I'm getting.  I'll be happy when they show up.  I did see an actual image of the slipcover on ebay--someone's already selling one that they received in the mail.  Looks sharp.

You said, "I'll be happy when they show up."

You wouldn't happen to have an extra copy for a Rush fan in need, would you?

Can't wait to read this one.

I bought one each of the silver and gold editions. So I basically get two of the signed books and one comes with the framed piece of the same number.

I really doubt that either book will leave my hands unless as a gift to a dear friend of mine who's been a Rush fan far longer than I have, and I seriously doubt you'll see either of my copies on ebay unless some financial catastrophe happens or I drop dead, and it goes to an estate auction or something.

PS--I got my tracking number email today. Apparently "regular mail" means UPS. Whatever...I'm gettin' my signed books soon!!

Perhaps I was fortunate, but I think it was just a matter of being at the ready 5 minutes before the books went live, and refreshing the page every few seconds until they popped up on the site (a couple of minutes early by my clock).

I'm definitely happy though, and only slightly poorer compared to what I'd have to pay on ebay--the silver ed. is going for the original price of the gold now, which is about what I had to shell out for a limited ed. of Far And Away. I was determined not to miss out on the original offer this time, and lucky for me, I saw the facebook post on my news feed. I think I did get an email sometime before that Friday also, but with much less time in advance.

I've become more and more into autographed memorabilia lately--not just Rush--and have gotten a fair number of autographs in person (Pantera, KISS, Soundgarden, Kyuss). Sometimes I kick myself for not asking some of the other bands/stars I've met, but I'm really glad I got Dimebag's autograph while Pantera was still together, and I'll cherish that one. My brother was lucky enough to get one of the 2112 hand-signed lithographs for only $40 (?!?!?!?) which he gave to me as a gift--that's another one I will hopefully never have to part with.

PS--just found out that my CA books should be in my hands on 9/5/12.

Edited by HalfwayToGone

OK, I need a little help from someone with a readable copy of the book (I now have my 2 LEs but they're both sealed).

I've already posted that I bought one silver & one gold. My gold is #220, the frame has the same #, and the manuscript page number is the same also. Here's where it gets a li'l weird. My silver ed. is #74. Is there any text on page 74 or is it blank, an illustration or what?? I can't imagine they sent me #74 if someone else has a frame/manuscript page with that number and not a matching book number, which is why I ask.

Anyone have a regular copy handy? Thanks.

PS--I hate "replying" to my own posts in a thread.

QUOTE (HalfwayToGone @ Sep 6 2012, 01:32 AM)
OK, I need a little help from someone with a readable copy of the book (I now have my 2 LEs but they're both sealed).

I've already posted that I bought one silver & one gold. My gold is #220, the frame has the same #, and the manuscript page number is the same also. Here's where it gets a li'l weird. My silver ed. is #74. Is there any text on page 74 or is it blank, an illustration or what?? I can't imagine they sent me #74 if someone else has a frame/manuscript page with that number and not a matching book number, which is why I ask.

My regular edition is due today from Amazon. I'll be sure to post back as soon as it arrives.

HalfwayToGone,

Page 74 is text.

It is the first page of chapter 7.

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Sep 6 2012, 01:59 PM)

I've already posted that I bought one silver & one gold.  My gold is #220, the frame has the same #, and the manuscript page number is the same also.  Here's where it gets a li'l weird.  My silver ed. is #74.  Is there any text on page 74 or is it blank, an illustration or what??  I can't imagine they sent me #74 if someone else has a frame/manuscript page with that number and not a matching book number, which is why I ask.

Anyone have a regular copy handy?  Thanks.

HalfwayToGone,

Page 74 is text.

It is the first page of chapter 7.

Well that is odd. Maybe the #74 inserted inside the shrinkwrap is wrong. They couldn't possibly have screwed up something that basic as separating a framed piece from its corresponding book. Or could they? I guess the only way to know would be to open it up, but I'm not doing that. I did unpack the framed piece, and just hung it up on the wall. Looks almost identical to the stock photo.

After finally cracking #220, I discovered that the manuscript pages don't match perfectly with the hardcover. Page 220 of the manuscript actually starts near the end of page 212 in the hardcover. I still haven't taken #74 out of the shrink wrap, so I still don't know whether the number is correct.

PS. Did I mention how much I hate responding to my own posts?