An Extremely Trivial Game

The Notorious B.S.G.

Yes Slaine I originally read somewhere it was Wonderwall album and then last night I discovered something that says it was the Ringo album. The answer is indeed Eddy Clayton whatever album it was! laugh.gif yes.gif Over to you Slaine confused13.gif confused13.gif confused13.gif Have to figure out which album it was but u covered it either way.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry its taken me so long to post this question but I wanted to come up with one that, in my opinion, was a bit of a stinker. Now, there are two possible answers to this question, but I want the earlier of the two, OK? I would also like to point out that the answer is available on the net, you just have to do a 'little (cough)' digging.

To be fair, I'll be more generous with the clues if you want me to.

OK, so the question is, which of the following Rush songs is the odd one out and why (and you'll have to be specific)

Anthem

Bastille Day

Cygnus X-1

Finding My Way

Hemispheres

Passage to Bangkok.

Good luck with this one and send all insults and threads to Rick

Cygnus X-1

Its the only one that, if you have a vinyl version of the albums they are all from, you can't play as a first track on a side. doh.gif

don't know how I came up with that, but all the others bar 'Passage to' are opening tracks, whereas 'Passage to' is the first on side 2, but Xanadu is the last track.

scared.gif

It could also be Hemispheres as this is the only one contained wholly on one side of a vinyl disc.

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Feb 16 2005, 07:46 AM)
Cygnus X-1

Its the only one that, if you have a vinyl version of the albums they are all from, you can't play as a first track on a side. doh.gif

don't know how I came up with that, but all the others bar 'Passage to' are opening tracks, whereas 'Passage to' is the first on side 2, but Xanadu is the last track.

scared.gif

It could also be Hemispheres as this is the only one contained wholly on one side of a vinyl disc.

no.gif and no.gif .

I'll give you a hint - its something to do with Rush live.

Finding My Way.

They all form part of the R30 Medley, but FMW is out of synch as I think they are played in chronological order on the tour (damn I have this in my car) which means Passage to bangkok is also out of synch. confused13.gif

I think unsure.gif

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Feb 17 2005, 07:16 AM)
Finding My Way.

They all form part of the R30 Medley, but FMW is out of synch as I think they are played in chronological order on the tour (damn I have this in my car) which means Passage to bangkok is also out of synch. confused13.gif

I think unsure.gif

You're on the right track there Rick, keep working at it.

I just listed the tracks in alphabetical order - the answer is nothing to do with the order in which I listed them.

Finding My Way....

Its the only one of the R30 Medley where Geddy sings something yes.gif ...

even though it is just "Ooooh Yeaaah!" laugh.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Feb 19 2005, 09:55 AM)
They are the R30 Overture songs in alphabetical order, except Passage to Bangkok which is actually titled "A Passage to Bangkok". It should be listed first.

rofl3.gif I've just been told I'm clutching at straws! rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Feb 19 2005, 02:55 PM)
They are the R30 Overture songs in alphabetical order, except Passage to Bangkok which is actually titled "A Passage to Bangkok". It should be listed first.

And this weeks prize for being Mr Pedantic goes to...

OK, I'm trying to think of one that won't make it too obvious.

I think you've all correctly identified it as the R30 Overture. Now, its to do with a song that was featured in the R30 but not featured somewhere else. The time frame you're looking at is after 1978.

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Feb 19 2005, 12:21 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Feb 19 2005, 02:55 PM)

And this weeks prize for being Mr Pedantic goes to...

thank you, thank you... I have so many people to thank for this wonderful honor. I couldn't have done it without the little people.... rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Feb 19 2005, 02:20 PM)

I think you've all correctly identified it as the R30 Overture. Now, its to do with a song that was featured in the R30 but not featured somewhere else. The time frame you're looking at is after 1978.

I'm going to say Anthem. But I can only think that this might be the first time they have played it in any form since '78 (the latest date of the R30 medley songs). I would think the other answer is Hemispheres, but you wanted the earlier of the two.

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Feb 21 2005, 01:42 PM)
QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Feb 19 2005, 02:20 PM)

I think you've all correctly identified it as the R30 Overture.  Now, its to do with a song that was featured in the R30 but not featured somewhere else.  The time frame you're looking at is after 1978.

I'm going to say Anthem. But I can only think that this might be the first time they have played it in any form since '78 (the latest date of the R30 medley songs). I would think the other answer is Hemispheres, but you wanted the earlier of the two.

no.gif

As no-one seems to be taking anymore guesses, I'll give you the answer.

Ricky was closest by saying Finding My Way, which is the correct song, but got the reason wrong. The reason why it is the odd one out (any death threats can go to the wife tongue.gif ) is that it is the only song from the R30 Overture that was not played on the Hemispheres Tour. ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

To be fair, I'll Rick post the next question as he was closest.

Archived