re-visiting S&A and CA follow up

liddybuck01

hubby and i were listened to Snakes and Arrows today in the car, and i used to have mixed feelings on this album. i think it's because i got burned out on most of the songs after the tours that went with it, and the live dvd. but now i have to say, i really love this album. to me, it sounds perfect. it is mixed so well, geddy's vocals sound great, and all of the guys are on the top of their game. sure, there's a few songs i dislike (WTA, TWTWB, and TLB mostly), but all in all, this album is really great.

i have been enjoying Clockwork Angels a lot, have it on constantly in my car right now. but now that i gave S&A another listen, i have to say, CA is kind of a let down. don't get me wrong, it's good. i just don't feel that it has that full, complete sound that S&A does. i'm just going to blame the mix, since at times it sounds kind of, idk, muffled or something. idk, i'm not a sound expert, i just now what sounds good to my ears.

also, S&A is quite heavy, very metal sound to it. being a metal fan, i enjoy that. so when Caravan and BU2B came out, i was super pumped. then when Headlong Flight was released, holy sh!t i was blown away! but then when i heard the entire album, i was kind of bummed. i thought it was going to be super heavy on every track. so, to me, that was a let down.

yeah so, this thread has no point. just ranting to my Rush pals! laugh.gif

thoughts?

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Jul 11 2012, 12:26 AM)
hubby and i were listened to Snakes and Arrows today in the car, and i used to have mixed feelings on this album. i think it's because i got burned out on most of the songs after the tours that went with it, and the live dvd. but now i have to say, i really love this album. to me, it sounds perfect. it is mixed so well, geddy's vocals sound great, and all of the guys are on the top of their game. sure, there's a few songs i dislike (WTA, TWTWB, and TLB mostly), but all in all, this album is really great.

i have been enjoying Clockwork Angels a lot, have it on constantly in my car right now. but now that i gave S&A another listen, i have to say, CA is kind of a let down. don't get me wrong, it's good. i just don't feel that it has that full, complete sound that S&A does. i'm just going to blame the mix, since at times it sounds kind of, idk, muffled or something. idk, i'm not a sound expert, i just now what sounds good to my ears.

also, S&A is quite heavy, very metal sound to it. being a metal fan, i enjoy that. so when Caravan and BU2B came out, i was super pumped. then when Headlong Flight was released, holy sh!t i was blown away! but then when i heard the entire album, i was kind of bummed. i thought it was going to be super heavy on every track. so, to me, that was a let down.

yeah so, this thread has no point. just ranting to my Rush pals! laugh.gif

thoughts?

Liddy, Liddy, Liddy...

Buck, Buck, Buck...

Liddy, Liddy...

Buck, Buck...

Liddy...

Buck...

cool10.gif

I agree. I listened to both albums back to back and found myself enjoying S&A WAY more. I just found myself liking it's folky elements. While CA to my ear sounds like by the numbers brick walled rock......with greatness sprinkled throughout. Say what you will....just IMO.

Mick