For those who dislike/hate CA and modern Rush

Gedneil Alpeart

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (beherit @ Jul 1 2012, 03:47 PM)
Please remember to be as friendly as possible with Gemini. Nevermind the fact that he has been allowed to deliberately troll this site for 1605 posts, nevermind the fact that he is an obvious troll, etc. You must be as friendly as possible, because swear words are the devil and you will get banned

I hear ya! Double standards, eh?

Not to defend a guy like Gemini, but I fail to see what's so offensive about being called high on drugs, unsophisticated or an idiot?

I like getting high, and I think I've proven myself rather unsophisticated... oh well 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jul 1 2012, 04:53 PM)
Stupid question...they are still making great music. Yes some misses, but mostly hits.

Not stupid given all the whining, negativity and bitching that goes around. I agree that it's a stupid question in theory, but one person already said they should have retired., and Im sure he's not alone in that opinion, CERTAINLY NOT shared by me.

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jul 1 2012, 05:57 PM)
QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jul 1 2012, 04:53 PM)
Stupid question...they are still making great music.  Yes some misses, but mostly hits.

Not stupid given all the whining, negativity and bitching that goes around. I agree that it's a stupid question in theory, but one person already said they should have retired., and Im sure he's not alone in that opinion, CERTAINLY NOT shared by me.

Those are the trolls and the haters. Trust me, they'll be loving CA before you know it, especially if they hear it live.

Now a band that should have retired, if they havn't already, are the Stones.

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jun 30 2012, 12:41 PM)
I think most of us are happy Rush is still creating new albums, touring, etc.  However, I would like to know for those who keep whining about the quality of CA and other recent Rush records about how it doesn't meet this or that standard, how it doesn't satisfy your Rush fantasy album, etc., would you have been happier if Rush called it quits long ago instead of "trudging" along making bad album after bad album in your eyes? 

I'm not talking about folks who dislike this or that album or who are just critical, but people who clearly do not like ANYTHING that Rush has created in the past 15 or 20 years

Do you appreciate that they are still around creating new stuff and touring, or would you just rather have had them quit making new albums after Counterparts of Test For Echo and only do reminiscence tours without new material like some bands do?

While I haven't been a huge fan of alot of their post HYF material, I still enjoy some of it....and the fact that they are still touring is great. They are almost 60, so I'd say they are still doing pretty good to be able to record albums and tour. Besides, I think you would be hard pressed to find many members that don't like ANYTHING in the past 15 - 20 years.....

Edited by WCFIELDS

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jul 1 2012, 04:00 PM)
Please remember to be as friendly as possible with Gemini. Nevermind the fact that he has been allowed to deliberately troll this site for 1605 posts, nevermind the fact that he is an obvious troll, etc. You must be as friendly as possible, because swear words are the devil and you will get banned

There is no double standard.

haha, what would the double standard even be? I'm just being a saracastic dick

I suppose you could say that it's unfair that it's okay to troll but not okay to get pissed at trolls...but really, getting pissed at a troll is the ultimate sign of low intelligence, so I can see both sides of things

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jul 1 2012, 05:40 PM)

Ok. Ill take your word for it. eh.gif

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jul 1 2012, 05:48 PM)

When has he used swear words to personally attack you?

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jul 1 2012, 05:52 PM)

You just cant resist me, can you? And you cant resist defending the trolls. laugh.gif

I didn't really personally attack anyone, no more than Gemini personally attacks other users in each of his posts

I just used my best judgment and decided that Gemini indeed needed to f**k off. I suppose I was wrong...

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jul 1 2012, 05:55 PM)

You just cant resist me, can you? And you cant resist defending the trolls. laugh.gif

Can't answer the question? It's okay. Not every question has an answer. wink.gif

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jul 1 2012, 05:59 PM)

Can't answer the question? It's okay. Not every question has an answer. wink.gif

The answer is I've never personally attacked anyone here, except when I jokingly called this one dude a turd.

I think rushgoober had a list of all of Gemini's personal attacks earlier in the thread...

QUOTE (beherit @ Jul 1 2012, 06:00 PM)

The answer is I've never personally attacked anyone here, except when I jokingly called this one dude a turd.

I think rushgoober had a list of all of Gemini's personal attacks earlier in the thread...

F*** off is a personal attack. When you say it to a single person it is a personal attack.

You can't "personally attack" a group of people. That's not how it works.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jul 1 2012, 06:01 PM)
QUOTE (beherit @ Jul 1 2012, 05:56 PM)
I didn't really personally attack anyone

eh.gif

no more than Gemini personally attacks other users in each of his posts

eh.gif eh.gif

I just used my best judgment

eh.gif eh.gif eh.gif

I see some questions don't have answers wink.gif so posting emoticons works just as well wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif

And not every question needs to be answered, esp when it's not important........ wink.gif

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jul 1 2012, 06:02 PM)

F*** off is a personal attack. When you say it to a single person it is a personal attack.

but i said i was sawy sad.gif

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jul 1 2012, 06:02 PM)

Ooooh....the moral police is here......Im so scared high and mighty...... laugh.gif