Irony of it all

condemned2bfree

Being a rush fan can brings it's problems. Seems less of a case these days with a popularity unheard of in their career - the pressure's off. laugh.gif

Listening to siamese dream by the smashing pumpkins, has brought it back. Back when this album was released a friend brought this album around ...on tape ohmy.gif

Loved it, it's a great album, but back then to mention to anyone you were a rush fan, could result in feeling like a maggot.

I could like smashing pumpkins( current fashionable bands) and rush, how could nobody else? - rush were a taboo to mention socially, it seemed.

In a rock club (around 1994), tom sawyer came on. A friend asked 'who is this shit'? another answered(same person who brought siamese dream around) its's rush isn't it (my name)...in a condescending manner of course.

oh dear. Now these days Billy Corgan is championing rush, its strange how life has these little turn abouts.

Its quite a nice feeling these days, to be a vindicated rush fan laugh.gif

anyone else have moments like these?

2.gif

It happens every now and then to me. I wear my Time Machine Tour 2010 shirt to school, and I get looks from people's faces. laugh.gif Priceless. I remember my friend (who is the lady of my fancy) looked at my shirt and asked "What is this?!" laugh.gif Edited by Shredder2

Ya lol...All the time. Have this friend at work and hes a straight up modern day radio listener but really likes AC/DC. So he likes old school i figure he likes some old school stuff cause hes 33. I mention Van Halen concert comming up he says ya im game. Well then i say well i hear DLR is real sucking live now days and it would ruin my live experience with Van Halen , How about Rush ? I get this look like what ? lol And im not sure if its cause he doesnt know them or thier just to complex of a listen for him and his 4/4 beat power chord ears. So im like u know Tom Sawyer oh ya! lol and that was about it no other reply. Same with this girl i work with although she is younger i had Rush downloaded on my ipod and i told her hers some ear candy for ya..lol and she is a big Marilyn Manson fan. Her reply after a coulpe of hours is ther to boring hum ok... Maybe thats why Rush is more compressed and heavier sounding lately cause thats all these kids know now is heavy .. simple ..comopressed. I got one other buddy at work hes an IronMaiden fan about 22 years old i would guess. So i give him a listen to my downloads of Rush and hes digging it and wants to go to this tour so im like great. I guess the fact his favorite group is Iron Maiden he understands the time signatures and progressions of Rush is all i can figure...I find that with alot of people thou if they like that simple 4/4 beat power chord stuff or anything current pop thier usually not going to understand Rush. So felt a little vindication that a 20 something person at work got it so 1 out of 3 aint bad lol... Hell in High School back in 1980 I remember everybody in the smoking area dug Rush and the stoners dug 2112 and Hemispheres of course lol This one girl dropped acid and would draw pics of Neil,Ged and Alex without looking at any pics of them and they were perfect lol. Those were the days.

QUOTE (The Vigilante @ Jun 20 2012, 11:49 AM)
Ya lol...All the time. Have this friend at work and hes a straight up modern day radio listener but really likes AC/DC. So he likes old school i figure he likes some old school stuff cause hes 33. I mention Van Halen concert comming up he says ya im game. Well then i say well i hear DLR is real sucking live now days and it would ruin my live experience with Van Halen , How about Rush ? I get this look like what ? lol And im not sure if its cause he doesnt know them or thier just to complex of a listen for him and his 4/4 beat power chord ears. So im like u know Tom Sawyer oh ya! lol and that was about it no other reply. Same with this girl i work with although she is younger i had Rush downloaded on my ipod and i told her hers some ear candy for ya..lol and she is a big Marilyn Manson fan. Her reply after a coulpe of hours is ther to boring hum ok... Maybe thats why Rush is more compressed and heavier sounding lately cause thats all these kids know now is heavy .. simple ..comopressed. I got one other buddy at work hes an IronMaiden fan about 22 years old i would guess. So i give him a listen to my downloads of Rush and hes digging it and wants to go to this tour so im like great. I guess the fact his favorite group is Iron Maiden he understands the time signatures and progressions of Rush is all i can figure...I find that with alot of people thou if they like that simple 4/4 beat power chord stuff or anything current pop thier usually not going to understand Rush. So felt a little vindication that a 20 something person at work got it so 1 out of 3 aint bad lol... Hell in High School back in 1980 I remember everybody in the smoking area dug Rush and the stoners dug 2112 and Hemispheres of course lol This one girl dropped acid and would draw pics of Neil,Ged and Alex without looking at any pics of them and they were perfect lol. Those were the days.

Yeah...I miss the days of going to school on acid.