BU2B2

theredtamasrule

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jun 18 2012, 06:35 PM)
QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Jun 18 2012, 04:06 PM)
I think BU2B2 is not a tune to be thrown away (as I saw someone else mention), I think this song is the lynch pin of the album.  Without it there is no Peddler II (What do you lack?  Belief).  Before the strings come in very early, I hear Neil's chime from CygnusX-1 (no modulation though).

BU2B2 is jaded and transformative (similar to "...spinning, whirling, still descending, like a spiral sea unending...every nerve is torn apart.") .  The protagonist has realized everything he was BU2B has failed him.  The best the protagonist can do is wish those negative forces around him "well" and "tend his garden" (i.e. mind his own house).  The motivation for the last two songs comes from BU2B2 "...life goes from bad to worse....no philospohy consoles me in a clockwork universe..."  Very in tune with Neil's "bleeding-heart libertarianism".

goodpost.gif

I think it's the protagonist's Garden of Gethsemane moment, where he accepts his fate and deals with it the best he can, by going forward and making the best of it.

Great observation from the both of you. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jun 18 2012, 10:35 PM)
I think it's the protagonist's Garden of Gethsemane moment, where he accepts his fate and deals with it the best he can, by going forward and making the best of it.

Oh, man, tell me I'm not the only one around here who's obsessed with JCS. 1022.gif