Lots of Geddy influence on C.A.

Earthshine

Alex was stuck on the studio crapper with the shits for most of the time. His cream cake scoffing got way out of control there for a while. He's got it under control again now, but meanwhile Geddy had to manage the music part of the project himself for the majority of the production, so it makes sense that his influence looms large on the album.

cool10.gif

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Jun 14 2012, 12:27 AM)
A lot of the chord changes, rhythms and vocal lines make this album almost sound like My Favorite Headache, which I love. In fact, this could almost be a Geddy solo album I hear so much Geddy influence in it.

I can't hear it at all! Too much mud in my ears!

What's up Shine????

Let's talk about Billy Cobham or Stanley Clarke!! Even those cats put out albums that were sonically better!!

Rush On!

Signed,

"School Days" wink.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 14 2012, 03:36 AM)
QUOTE (Earthshine @ Jun 14 2012, 12:27 AM)
A lot of the chord changes, rhythms and vocal lines make this album almost sound like My Favorite Headache, which I love. In fact, this could almost be a Geddy solo album I hear so much Geddy influence in it.

I can't hear it at all! Too much mud in my ears!

What's up Shine????

Let's talk about Billy Cobham or Stanley Clarke!! Even those cats put out albums that were sonically better!!

Rush On!

Signed,

"School Days" wink.gif

May I recommend some Q-Tips for that mud?

confused13.gif

QUOTE (Jomboni @ Jun 14 2012, 07:43 AM)
I disagree! I refuse to believe that a member of the band influenced how the album sounds in any way!

Well I'm sure Neil had a major influence on this album but not musically that seems to be shared equally between Geddy and Alex!

yes.gif

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Jun 14 2012, 03:27 AM)

Someone got a little low end happy at the mixing board. Maybe confused this release with the Bass Clinic version.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 14 2012, 07:57 AM)

Someone got a little low end happy at the mixing board. Maybe confused this release with the Bass Clinic version.

I do agree with you , the album is a bit on the heavy side at times, but I only noticed when listening through a major sound system. Sounds great everywhere else!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Yeah, I agree with the OP here. Really they all dug in, didn't they? Peart changed to a more dynamic, spontaneous approach....Ged is in FINE form and his influence is all over the place, and Alex hasn't sounded this good/motivated/(it is what it is...whatever) in a long time.

Alex is the "heavy" side of Rush (musically speaking), while Geddy is the "melody" side of Rush.

I tend to like melody more than anything, which may be why I love The Garden so much. Based on one of the interviews, Geddy wrote the music for this tune. It's a breath of fresh air after all the heavy tunes that precede it.

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Jun 14 2012, 02:27 AM)

Gotta agree with the OP here. To me, "The Garden" sounds like it could've come off of My Favorite Headache, which I also enjoy.

Very much so! yes.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 14 2012, 04:12 AM)
Alex was stuck on the studio crapper with the shits for most of the time. His cream cake scoffing got way out of control there for a while. He's got it under control again now, but meanwhile Geddy had to manage the music part of the project himself for the majority of the production, so it makes sense that his influence looms large on the album.

icon_really_happy_guy.gif z7shysterical.gif