Rank at ProgArchives

Gompers

Currently 4.35 out of 5. Pretty darn good for this elitist website where Rush doesn't normally fair too well.

Link

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 12 2012, 11:45 AM)
Currently 4.35 out of 5. Pretty darn good for this elitist website where Rush doesn't normally fair too well.

Link

Well said! goodpost.gif

They ranked it as almost as good as the topped ranked album, Moving Pictures. That's odd, especially for that place.

QUOTE (GUP1771 @ Jun 12 2012, 12:52 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 12 2012, 11:45 AM)
Currently 4.35 out of 5.  Pretty darn good for this elitist website where Rush doesn't normally fair too well.

Link

Well said! goodpost.gif

They ranked it as almost as good as the topped ranked album, Moving Pictures. That's odd, especially for that place.

It will take about 500 reviews to really compare though. As it is here not, many of the over-zealous fanbois are posting, not that I mind, but once the non-Rushfan writes reviews, we could see it fall.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jun 12 2012, 07:19 PM)
Nice to see it that way, for now... Yeah some over at that site can be as you said "elitist", but damn if it's not a good resource guide.

True-ness.

Currently

4.35 | 75 ratings | 12 reviews | 43% 5 stars

It holds on still. 75 Rankings is getting pretty respectable.

Slipped quite a bit. Now below 4.

3.98 | 200 ratings | 21 reviews | 35% 5 stars

I love Progarchives but I think its ridiculous that a collaborator's review has more weight than an ordinary member. What makes their opinion any more valid? And, like goober said, some people will give a great album a lower rating since its not "prog enough". Edited by ColdFireYYZ

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jul 5 2012, 12:40 PM)
I love Progarchives but I think its ridiculous that a collaborator's review has more weight than an ordinary member. What makes their opinion any more valid? And, like goober said, some people will give a great album a lower rating since its not "prog enough".

Yeah, progarchives reviews are VERY valuable for progressive rock albums, but for albums that aren't, the results get a lot more squirrely - actually, the fact that it's rated as high as it is for an album that isn't prog rock speaks quite well for the album. yes.gif

Some of the reviews gave perspective that listeners were moderately knowledgeable about Rush. Comments about rehashed materials indicated they they don't know Rush well enough to see what they have done with CA. Over at PA, Rush suffers the same fate, though not as extreme, as Dream Theater, where fanbois can actually ruin the credibility of the band, regardless that it is unfair to the band. Not that Rush really gives a rat's ass about ProgArchives or any such site. Edited by Gompers