Geddy's vocals compared to S&A

SchemingDemon

QUOTE (eshine @ Jun 7 2012, 01:23 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 7 2012, 01:10 PM)
I realized this morning on the way to work that its even worse in BU2B2. Whats funny about that though is in the 2nd part of it they add effects to his voice, and it sounds better. Should have done that in the breakdown effect of the Garden.

Doesnt need to be crazy effects like Jacobs Ladder, but something to make him sound better instead of just him and a mic.

But what about his "vibrato" ?

Please, trenken, tell us more about his "vibrato"

rofl3.gif

It ruled on GUP, is f***ing horrendous now. Nothing else you need to know about it, aside from the fact that adding some subtle effects helps.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 7 2012, 01:52 PM)
I realized this morning on the way to work that its even worse in BU2B2. Whats funny about that though is in the 2nd part of it they add effects to his voice, and it sounds better. Should have done that in the breakdown effect of the Garden.

Doesnt need to be crazy effects like Jacobs Ladder, but something to make him sound better instead of just him and a mic.

rofl3.gif

It ruled on GUP, is f***ing horrendous now. Nothing else you need to know about it, aside from the fact that adding some subtle effects helps.

Holy Sh*t you're right - he did sound more youthfull on an album from the 80's...

I take back everything I said.

You should teach music.

QUOTE (eshine @ Jun 7 2012, 02:00 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 7 2012, 01:52 PM)

rofl3.gif

Holy Sh*t you're right - he did sound more youthfull on an album from the 80's...

I take back everything I said.

You should teach music.

LMAO!

zing

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 7 2012, 01:39 PM)
QUOTE (eshine @ Jun 7 2012, 02:23 PM)

rofl3.gif

Geddy uses a vibrator?

unsure.gif

ph34r.gif

We've seen the evidence at the tail end of Beyond The Lighted Stage in that backstage scene. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 7 2012, 02:10 PM)

I LOVE how broken Ged sounds in "BU2B2." His voice is perfect for the tone of the song.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 7 2012, 03:03 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 7 2012, 01:39 PM)
QUOTE (eshine @ Jun 7 2012, 02:23 PM)

rofl3.gif

Geddy uses a vibrator?

unsure.gif

ph34r.gif

We've seen the evidence at the tail end of Beyond The Lighted Stage in that backstage scene. biggrin.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/dancingdays/misc/macros/heydirk.gif