Clockwork Angels over time

Gedneil Alpeart

Usually when an album burns out, or doesn't hold up with the passage of time, it's because the album was instantly gratifying or deplorable. It was really either easy to get into, and people overwhelmingly loved it - or really easy to dislike and people hated it. It evokes really strong reactions right off the bat. Again this is just my view. But I think when something usually evokes really strong reactions (good or bad), it has a chance of not holding up in the long run. This isn't always true of course, please understand I'm not talking in absolutions.

While it's true the overal reaction to this has been positive, I don't think the majority are calling this a masterpiece.

Again, I can only speak for myself. But unlike Snakes & Arrows, I find this album a lot more rewarding. I didn't hate it right off the bat, and I also didn't love it. I listened to it, enjoyed parts of it, and but had to keep digging into it, before I liked parts.

The best kind of albums make you work a little for it. Or at least, takes time for it to soak in. That's just what I think. Not everyone agrees with this. But I feel Clockwork Angels falls into this category.

Edited by Mr. Henry Gale

QUOTE (fiznab @ Jun 5 2012, 04:17 PM)
You are just a little too schla03.gif for my standards

I wouldn't take it personally that others don't share your opinion of Snakes and Arrows. The beauty about Rush is their catalog is so huge you are sure to get many many different opinions on here about different albums