Wish them Well Intro

Deckiller

I'm getting a Foo Fighters vibe from the intro to Wish them Well, but also a major King's X feel - especially the twangy guitar passage toward the end of the 30 seconds. I am so excited for that song - I think it'll be a highlight! Wish Them Well sounds like it could be a massive radio hit.

A little King's X vibe would be pretty sweet since I'm a big fan. I have a good feeling about this song from the short sample. Might be a melodic gem (single?) which is what I'm craving compared to the new tracks we've heard so far.

Huh, an actual thread of merit? Discussing a track in an analytical way?! 3 replies..... how droll..

Step up your game, redundant threads about leaks are in right now...... not rational discourse.

QUOTE (Deckiller @ Jun 2 2012, 08:36 PM)
I'm getting a Foo Fighters vibe from the intro to Wish them Well, but also a major King's X feel - especially the twangy guitar passage toward the end of the 30 seconds.

This is EXACTLY what I'm hearing too. First time I heard that last bit of the clip, I thought "hey, that sounded a little King's X-y!"

Which I'm totally cool with because King's X is awesome.

And even just going by the 30-second clip, this song is catchy as hell to me. It gets stuck in my head already! Indeed, if this is the worst song on the album, this is gonna be one hell of an album overall.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jun 2 2012, 11:57 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 2 2012, 10:54 PM)
King's X is a top 5 band for me.

my favorite band (besides Rush)....

Right on. trink39.gif Think I'll jam on some King's X here shortly. What is your fav record or song?

Edited by presto123

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 2 2012, 11:05 PM)

Right on. trink39.gif Think I'll jam on some King's X here shortly. What is your fav record or song?

Albums?

Gretchen Goes to Nebraska....then Dogman.

Favorite songs? that's a tough one....

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jun 3 2012, 12:13 AM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 2 2012, 11:05 PM)

Albums?

Gretchen Goes to Nebraska....then Dogman.

Favorite songs? that's a tough one....

Mine's probably Out Of Silent Planet with Gretchen and Dogman right behind it although Tapehead and Ear Candy are right there as well. Favorite song is impossible for me too but I'll list a few:

Marshmallow Field

Pleiades

Black Flag

Higher Than God

Life Going By

Pretend

Alone

Edited by presto123

King's X is my slam dunk, without question 2nd favorite band after Rush. The heaviness mixed with those harmonies is greatness.

I'm an Ear Candy and Mr. Bulbous guy...but I love their whole catalog. Fav song? "Move Me"