Clockwork Angels---Geddy's voice

Tombstone Mountain

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jun 4 2012, 12:05 PM)
QUOTE (bruggy66 @ Jun 4 2012, 09:29 AM)
My only issue with Geddy's vocals of late is that I don't think that his voice is well suited for more than one harmony track.  When they start with the "Geddy choir" stuff, I really don't care for it.  As far as his voice now compared to the old days.  I think that he's doing fine.  Let's face it, as people age, their voices change, especially "throat singers" like most rock vocalists are.  I'm sure that the 3 hour shows also contribute to the fatigue during concerts.

If you listen to properly trained singers (Darryl Hall comes to mind), most of them sound great even into old age, but Geddy does not fall into that category.  Personally, I think that they still put on a hell of a show, and I always look forward to their new releases, even if they are not my favorite Rush albums.

I'll be seeing them on this tour, and I'm sure they will be great as usual!

damn skippy...good observation from an unexpected reference to Mr. Hall...who is still kickin it? have you seen him unplugged with just john? I think it was from A & E a year or two ago...awesome!!!!

trink39.gif

No I didn't see that, but I heard him on "Ron & Fez" doing an interview about his "Darryl's House" show. They were playing clips of him singing with Smokey Robinson and he sounded JUST like he did 30 years ago. The subject of his voice came up in the interview and he explained about his voice training and how it has preserved his voice.

QUOTE (LyndseyG @ May 31 2012, 12:12 PM)
I couldn't believe my ears when I heard HF for the first time. I was blown away.

trink39.gif geddy's voice has not seen a more powerful and elegant setting. He is still kicking ass!!!

trink39.gif trink38.gif common001.gif