Anyone unhappy how this tour is being promoted?

Cstoliker

Anyone elce unhappy with how this tour is being promoted sold?

The first notification was on FaceBook and brings you to Bandsintown app wich will search your music library and try to sell you tickets for artists you listen to and others like the ones you listen to. It also posts to Facebook & emails on your behalf. For all intent purposes, malware or at the very least, spam.

&

The "exclusive fan club presale" in not very exclusive. All that is required is an email address. No registration, not even certain if the email needs to be valid.

Edited by Cstoliker

QUOTE (Cstoliker @ Apr 29 2012, 05:44 AM)
Anyone elce unhappy with how this tour is being promoted sold?

The first notification was on FaceBook and brings you to Bandsintown app wich will search your music library and try to sell you tickets for artists you listen to and others like the ones you listen to. It also posts to Facebook & emails on your behalf. For all intent purposes, malware or at the very least, spam.
&
The "exclusive fan club presale" in not very exclusive. All that is required is an email address. No registration, not even certain if the email needs to be valid.

I have no idea what that Facebook app is, and I'm pretty positive that that *wasn't* the first notification of the tour. Maybe for you it was, but it definitely wasn't the first place *anyone* heard of it.

As for the fan club presale... I consider the word "presale" incorrect anyway. You can't sell something before you sell it. The tickets are open to anyone who wants to buy them, so at best, they're simply telling a small subset of people instead of screaming it from the mountaintops.

I don't have a problem with doing fan club presales. People that love artists enough to join a fan club deserve a little love.

I support fan club presales. Back in the old days I'd have to camp out on the side walk in the streets of Albany to have a shot at a good seats.

However, the fan club presale this time does not require a fan club membership of anykind. Just input an email address. I'd bet scalpers are making good use of it.

QUOTE (Cstoliker @ Apr 29 2012, 10:36 AM)
I support fan club presales. Back in the old days I'd have to camp out on the side walk in the streets of Albany to have a shot at a good seats.

However, the fan club presale this time does not require a fan club membership of anykind. Just input an email address. I'd bet scalpers are making good use of it.

^^ This^^

Yeah. I'm not happy about it, either. It is, as my Hubby and his engineer friends say, a real goatf-ck. yes.gif