stupid presales

Alph Seeker

Got four 30th row center main floor for opening night (actually my sister did )- and two 30th row center for Chicago.

They aren't 5th row or anything, but I'm not gonna complain.

Seems to me that if you want good seats withing the first five rows you have to sit by yourself or go through a broker and pay up the wazooo!

Dunno about a thread, but rushisaband.com has a pretty comprehensive guide: you pick your tour date and it has links to all the pre-sales, etc.

In Chicago got the floor, section 4 row 9, so nothing to go crazy about but I'm excited. Had to get 4 tickets, so going VIP was out of the question unless I wanted a divorce. Besides, the VIP doesn't even tell you where you'll be until you get there.

Looking forward to the show!

I've only been a member since this morning but have to defend the way presales went, specially considering I just bought Shins tickets a few weeks ago and had to deal with Ticketmaster.

You are given the same chance of "getting through" as the old days when you had to call a phone number to get tickets- if the line is busy, redial. I had floor C section and "threw them back" - emptied the cart- and kept refreshing for 20 mins until I got B section, around row 20. If you don't complete the transaction in 10 minutes the tickets go back into the pool of available tickets. plenty of folks just don't dig out their CC in time or don't realize it is timed or just hesitate.

ALSO the way VIP sales were handled was INCREDIBLE if I understand it correctly- everyone is given a chance to buy them (there were some still available as of an hour ago) for $350 per seat and be guaranteed somewhere in the first 15 rows- not to be told until you check in- PLUS you can't resell them- you even have to present ID to use your tickets? WHY? So that real fans can get these tickets. Think about it- you can't resell them and can't even really offer to sell 3 of the 4 you are allowed and take strangers for a price because you don't even know what seat you have.

Brilliant!

I have a terrible operation with months long recovery or I would have spent the $350 (or $700) and picked up 2 tickets VIP. The crap that comes with the VIP is not much extra but $350 with a shot at seeing them 1st row? Awesome.

I have noticed there are some tickets on the net for like 9th row but I am not sure how this was accomplished- or if it is a scam.

Anyway my experience was great- this is a NJ show.

Good job Rush for doing things like this!

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Apr 23 2012, 12:38 PM)
Terrible experience and process. for Newark the top seats were gone within two minutes. Ended up with pretty good seats that were reasonably priced ($96 bucks compared to a pretty expensive $150), but only have being kicked off the site multiple times.

Had the same issues, ended up getting 2 VIP tickets as I am NOT gonna miss this show. Now I have 6 months to wonder what my mystery "first 15 rows" truly means

Why bother with VIP? the merch seems pretty lame and in past tours I have had luck getting awesome seats without paying the huge VIP price Edited by jesse2112