Jeff Berlin...

PrismEye

Anybody have a clue about what's going on with one of the world's greatest bassists Jeff Berlin? According to this report ( http://www.prex.com/blog/bass-legend-jeff-...nishing-new-cd/ ) which has been featured on many websites, his new album "Low Standards" was to have been released in February.

In case he forgot, it's nearing the end of April now.

I can't imagine this is due to the record company - how would they promote a jazz fusion bassist in today's culture?

Anyways, just thought I'd post away wink.gif

Edited by PrismEye

QUOTE (PrismEye @ Apr 18 2012, 04:51 PM)
Anybody have a clue about what's going on with one of the world's greatest bassists Jeff Berlin? According to this report (http://www.prex.com/blog/bass-legend-jeff-berlin-records-an-astonishing-new-cd/) which has been featured on many websites, his new album "Low Standards" was to have been released in February.

In case he forgot, it's nearing the end of April now.

I can't imagine this is due to the record company - how would they promote a jazz fusion bassist in today's culture?

Anyways, just thought I'd post away wink.gif

Next Feb? 2013? unsure.gif

"Jeff is known as a major innovator through his incisive playing through recordings and performances for the last thirty years. Jaco Pastorius regarded Jeff as a better soloist than he was. Geddy Lee referred to Jeff as the "greatest bass player on the planet". Marcus Miller told people that he wanted to be the "Black Jeff Berlin".

Wow, never heard that before until now (it's on the bio section of his website) but I can vouch for how great he is on his instrument. I'm going to assume he's on the same schedule Rush was on for the past couple of years: "waiting" wink.gif .

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Apr 21 2012, 07:32 PM)
I always loved his stuff with Bruford.

It's the perfect line up for me, I almost wish the band had lasted longer into the 80s. Allan Holdsworth is, in my opinion, the best guitarist in the world, same deal with Berlin, Bruford's drum sound is so unique (probably due to his use of roto-toms), and Dave Stewart adds great synths. Not so fond of Annette Peacock's vocals, though.