Keyboard shortcuts ?

jesterhud

Hi

Is it possible to program some keys on my computer so that when i push them it fills in some programmed text on the screen ?

What i want to do is program the Fnumber keys to fill in this text, the same text each time i push the button, e.g.

F1- would write the text 'Rush' when i pressed it,

F2- would write the word 'Marillion' when i pressed it,

These are only example words, the actual text would be work related stuff that we have to enter repeatadly into a very old 1970s computer program we use.

Thanks for any help,

QUOTE (jesterhud @ Feb 1 2012, 02:57 PM)
Hi

Is it possible to program some keys on my computer so that when i push them it fills in some programmed text on the screen ?

What i want to do is program the Fnumber keys to fill in this text, the same text each time i push the button, e.g.

F1- would write the text 'Rush' when i pressed it,
F2- would write the word 'Marillion' when i pressed it,

These are only example words, the actual text would be work related stuff that we have to enter repeatadly into a very old 1970s computer program we use.

Thanks for any help,

Probably would have more luck on the microsoft website than here laugh.gif

I would start here (assuming it's a PC):

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/237179

Google is your friend.

An alternative would be to buy a keyboard with hotkeys in order to program a function into it. Most keyboards with hotkeys tend to fall into the category of gaming keyboards because that's where the highest demand for the feature is. I recommend going to your local electronics retailer and asking for one. They normally retail from 30-50$ for the base models. The most expensive I've seen is almost 2,000$ Edited by USB Connector