serial numbers?

jdouglas

Some very informed folks here, so I wonder if anyone has seen a pic or read an article with Alex's serial numbers on his guitars?

I think I know the approx year of most of his axes, but I recently came across an 89 and 90 PRS CE24, and I was curious which would have been closer to his serial?

Does anyone have #s on the PRS, 355, strats? Even the range would be cool.

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen closeups of his serial numbers. Gibson guitars would be hard to see without a good shot of the back of the head stock. I don't know where the SN is on PRS. The early guitars would be the most difficult to determine.

The 355 was given to him in late 76/early 77. Aside from that I wouldn't be sure myself aside from when certain guitars first appeared on tours. The blue PRS first showed up around Presto, same with the burst PRS he used for a long time on Time Stand Still. Not sure about the black one, about RTB I think but it became the main guitar until he went back to Gibsons. The red semi hollow PRS with the first Fishmann piezo bridge appeared on the TFE tour for Natural Science and CTTH. That one has since been retired since the switch to Gibsons.

Good question!

Yes, if anyone has pics of a serial number (back of the headstock or neck plate) that would be great.

The Black PRS has the 3 way toggle not the roto knob, with a gold script sig on the headstock. I believe that makes it an earlier ce24, like 88 or 89.

The strats sn won't help as fender used a range during that time. Is is probably an S97 up to S99.

My HFR is number 8263003x, think his was a 79 or 80. They were different before then.

No clue on the 355 sn...but his luthier says it's a 1976. He is actually selling a signed AL prototype preproduction 355 (number 6 of 9) and probably used by AL but it is not cheap...way out of my range... sad.gif

Edited by jdouglas

QUOTE (jdouglas @ Jan 15 2012, 06:50 PM)
Yes, if anyone has pics of a serial number (back of the headstock or neck plate) that would be great.

No clue on the 355 sn...but his luthier says it's a 1976.  He is actually selling a signed AL prototype preproduction 355 (number 6 of 9) and probably used by AL but it is not cheap...way out of my range...  sad.gif

Yes, that's me... all of Alex's and Geddy's instruments that came through my shop and I didn't write down serial numbers. Silly me doh.gif