After Hogwarts

Slaine mac Roth

You'd think witha ll that money she's making off of Harry Potter that she could retire . If she wanted too that is. I would, get a expensive car and a nice house... laugh.gif

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ May 23 2005, 12:21 PM)
The sucess of Harry Potter will allow her to be more adventurous in her writing. What difference is it going to make if a book doesn't sell too well?

Good point. She obviously loves to write, so she won't mind doing it. If it's just as good as the Harry Potter series, I'll be anxious to get my hands on a copy.

I admire her for saying she can take the criticism/Harry Potter comparisions. She'll do well, I think.

You'd think witha ll that money she's making off of Harry Potter that she could retire . If she wanted too that is. I would, get a expensive car and a nice house...

imagine being that wealthy and loving what you do so much that you keep going even though there's no need to financially? sounds nice to me.

just because she's j.k. rowling and because i LOVE the harry potter books, doesn't mean i would ever buy a crime novel. i think harry potter will be tough to top unless she does another series - i mean, how often does someone come along and write a series of books to compete with lord of the rings? this is it!

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 1 2005, 09:41 AM)
imagine being that wealthy and loving what you do so much that you keep going even though there's no need to financially? sounds nice to me.

Sounds wonderful to me, too. smile.gif

Chose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.

~Confucius