Does anyone on here play Magic the Gathering?

Ventris

No but I'll tell ya what.

Back at the end of '09 when the economy tanked I had no work going on and none in sight but I had been a collector of comics and, action figures, and other nerdly stuff throughout the late 80's into the early 90's. Well I had picked up boxes of MTG cards and boxes of starter packs and all that stuff.

Well I figured to supplement my lack of income I'd unload all the MTG crap I had no use for but knew nothing about it. After a little research I found out that most of the unopened boxes of packs of cards and starter packs were from the revised 3rd edition (which is pretty heavily sought after). So for most of January and February of 2010 I was selling those mothers on ebay getting 500 bucks a copy. Now I didn't have stacks of boxes but a few of each as well as some other cards (Star Trek, Star Wars etc...) and by March when things started picking up again I had survived the worst economic time in my life.

I didn't get to keep any of the money I made 'cuz it all went to things like electricity, mortgage and food (ya know...all the stuff you don't want to spend money but have to).

So no...I don't play but I owe a lot to MTG and those who do play...so THANKS!!!

Edited by Invisible To Telescopic Eye

cool.gif biggrin.gif @Invisible To Telescopic Eye: Wow, I think the only card I've got that's really worth anything is my Plainswalker(I don't think even that is worth very much).

@invisibleairwaves: What colors do you use? My deck is black and white.

Edited by Katana2112

QUOTE (Katana2112 @ Oct 30 2011, 08:24 AM)
cool.gif biggrin.gif @Invisible To Telescopic Eye: Wow, I think the only card I've got that's really worth anything is my Plainswalker(I don't think even that is worth very much).

I've got a few different decks with all the colours represented. My best one is actually a 5-colour deck. When I do booster drafts at FNM events, I usually pick the colour based on the best card from the first pack.

Which planeswalker do you have, by the way?

QUOTE (Katana2112 @ Oct 30 2011, 12:24 PM)

Let me clarify. I wasn't selling individual cards, I was selling unopened boxes of packs of cards. 1 unopened box of 36 unopened packs of 10 cards. I was also selling unopened boxes of starter deck packs, 1 unopened box of 10 starter decks...This applied to MTG, SW, ST etc....