Moammar Gadhafi Is Dead, Rebels Claim

Cygnus

QUOTE (NobodysHeroine @ Oct 21 2011, 07:44 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 20 2011, 05:39 PM)
Ugh I've just seen the pictures of Gaddafi being dragged from a drain all bloody begging for his life before being manhandled and shot before a baying mob...

A bad man for sure but that's just barbaric...made me feel sick...

I totally agree; I do not approve of any form of violence, especially violence which is that barbaric. Nor do I believe that anyone deserves death, regardless of his or her crimes. It was very difficult for me to watch, too. ohmy.gif

Yes, I am happy that the people of Libya are freed of their dictator, who caused much unrest and suffering for over forty years. I am also happy that such a dictator is no longer in power, but I still do not believe that he should have died that way. sad.gif

Aye, they had an opportunity there to show the world they were better than Gaddafi and his thugs.

Unfortunately we will probably see more of this. The Middle East is a mess and will continue to be until someone lets them know that we all live in the 21st century now. Not that we are so superior or anything, but someone should start up a talk radio station or better yet, The Islamic Forum and they can create their own cool threads and topics with crazy avatars and titles (no images of the Prophet please).

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 21 2011, 08:25 PM)
Ugh I've just seen the pictures of Gaddafi being dragged from a drain all bloody begging for his life before being manhandled and shot before a baying mob...

I totally agree; I do not approve of any form of violence, especially violence which is that barbaric. Nor do I believe that anyone deserves death, regardless of his or her crimes. It was very difficult for me to watch, too. ohmy.gif

Yes, I am happy that the people of Libya are freed of their dictator, who caused much unrest and suffering for over forty years. I am also happy that such a dictator is no longer in power, but I still do not believe that he should have died that way. sad.gif

Aye, they had an opportunity there to show the world they were better than Gaddafi and his thugs.

They also showed the world what happens to greedy murderers that think this will never happen to them.

His quote, "We will fight to the last drop of blood."

He got better than he deserved. You can't punish a man enough for the things he did. And I'm not saying that you should try.

My belief is he just started his sentence.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 21 2011, 04:55 PM)
That unruly mob looks the same as the mob they just got rid of...

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss...

You speak the Truth, wise one. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

When a country is founded on tribal factions competing for power, will it really matter who's in charge?

QUOTE (Inthend @ Oct 22 2011, 06:30 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 21 2011, 08:25 PM)

They also showed the world what happens to greedy murderers that think this will never happen to them.

His quote, "We will fight to the last drop of blood."

He got better than he deserved. You can't punish a man enough for the things he did. And I'm not saying that you should try.

My belief is he just started his sentence.

That rabble look like they'd do that to any westerner or anyone who might happen to be there as well. Total savage chaos from out of control hordes. Disgusting.