Frasier the mutant

Jack Aubrey

From Dark Horizons:

Twentieth Century Fox and Marvel Entertainment have enlisted "Frasier" himself Kelsey Grammer for "X3" reports Variety. Grammer is set to play Beast, the oversized blue-furred creature who has not yet appeared in an "X-Men" film.

The Matthew Vaughn-directed sequel is scheduled to bow Memorial Day weekend next year. Studio is also setting Vinnie Jones for the bad-guy role of Juggernaut ("Snatch," "Gone in 60 Seconds," "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels"). Juggernaut, a 6-foot-10, 900-pound metal-clad battering ram, is the half-brother of Professor X and will anchor Magneto's villainous band.

Fox has begun negotiations with "Lost's" Maggie Grace to play the role of Kitty Pryde, a beauty who can walk through walls. Studio is also searching for an actor to play Angel, a handsome winged mutant who is ashamed of his feathery appendages.

Edited by Jack Aubrey

Well, he nailed "Sideshow Bob," so this should be a piece of cake.

z7shysterical.gif

I love Kelsey Grammer. I think he's a terrific actor, and in this role he's definitely playing against type (I didn't know much about Beast, so I did a little web-searching) so I can see how you folks could have trepidations about him playing the role. But let's try to be a little patient and wait until we have more info, what do you say? Remember: no one thought that Keaton would be a good Batman, but he surprised us all.

I can totally see Kelsey Grammar as Beast, albeit voicing a CGI (or heavily CGI-altered) character. Beast is a pompous bookworm who likes to use big words, and he just happens to look like a freak.......totally Frasieresque I say. 653.gif

You actually enjoyed Kilmer or Clooney better then Keaton??

I think Grammer will do just fine as Beast. I am quite excited to hear Juggernaut is going to be one of the bad guys this time around, he was always my favorite bad guy. Now if they would only bring Gambit into the hero roll.......

QUOTE (Moonraker @ May 18 2005, 08:59 PM)
You actually enjoyed Kilmer or Clooney better then Keaton??

I think Grammer will do just fine as Beast. I am quite excited to hear Juggernaut is going to be one of the bad guys this time around, he was always my favorite bad guy. Now if they would only bring Gambit into the hero roll.......

Who said I did? All I said was I didn't think Keaton didn't do a good job as Batman. Sure, he may have been the best one so far (which will most likely change when Batman Begins is released); but that doesn't mean he wasn't a good Batman...