Ultravox

Has anyone heard the new Ultravox album yet? Loved them back in the 80's, just wondering how their new music sounds. Haven't heard anything new played on radio either.

"Ultravox's new LP will also be the first to feature the original line-up of Midge Ure, Chris Cross, Billy Currie and Warren Cann since 1984's "Lament"."

Ultravox - The New Frontier

http://i43.tower.com/images/mm111039092/new-frontier-ultravox-cd-cover-art.jpg

Saw the opening show of the Reunion Tour in Edinburgh, Scotland - they were fantastic live! Must check out this album, thanks.

This is definetely NOT a new album!!! It's just a compilation of 'Ingenuity' and 'Revelation' !!! no.gif

QUOTE (Wartypig @ Aug 8 2011, 08:28 AM)
There is definitely a new album as I know someone very close to the band has heard it...I'm assured it's new recordings and a tour will follow

Yes but the new album is not yet released

www.ultravox.org.uk

QUOTE (greyfriar @ Aug 8 2011, 11:05 AM)
There is definitely a new album as I know someone very close to the band has heard it...I'm assured it's new recordings and a tour will follow

www.ultravox.org.uk

Never said it was did I tongue.gif

QUOTE (greyfriar @ Aug 8 2011, 07:05 AM)

www.ultravox.org.uk

Thanks for the clarification guys. I wasn't sure if this was the "new album" or not. I found that they were working on a new album but no other information. Since this album had a July 2011 release date, I thought this was it.

Let me know if you find a release date for their new album.

They have been touring over the past two years and sound PHENOMENAL. Get the live DVD - well worth EVERY penny. They truly have not lost a step.

They are hands-down my all-time favorite band ever. (Yes, more so than Rush. ohmy.gif ). First heard "Reap The Wild Wind" in '83 and thus began the love affair. They've not done a single song I don't like, and most of them I love.

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 8 2011, 11:09 AM)
They have been touring over the past two years and sound PHENOMENAL. Get the live DVD - well worth EVERY penny. They truly have not lost a step.

They are hands-down my all-time favorite band ever. (Yes, more so than Rush. ohmy.gif ). First heard "Reap The Wild Wind" in '83 and thus began the love affair. They've not done a single song I don't like, and most of them I love.

Not too familiar with Ultravox, but I do love "Reap the Wild Wind".

Mara, if you like Ultravox more than Rush, you're not a "true Rush fan" then. wink.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 8 2011, 11:14 AM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 8 2011, 11:09 AM)
They have been touring over the past two years and sound PHENOMENAL.  Get the live DVD - well worth EVERY penny.  They truly have not lost a step. 

They are hands-down my all-time favorite band ever.  (Yes, more so than Rush.  ohmy.gif ).  First heard "Reap The Wild Wind" in '83 and thus began the love affair.  They've not done a single song I don't like, and most of them I love.

Not too familiar with Ultravox, but I do love "Reap the Wild Wind".

Mara, if you like Ultravox more than Rush, you're not a "true Rush fan" then. wink.gif

I'll turn in my Rush Fan card today, I guess. laugh.gif

Check out "Hymn", "Visions In Blue" (from the same album as "Reap The Wild Wind"), "Lament", "White China". . .

Can't miss "Vienna", of course, their highest-charting single.

For an awesome instrumental, "Astradyne". This was the opener for the 2009 European reunion tour. Billy Currie rules the electric violin.

This really is a concert I'd consider actually travelling to Europe for, if only because I've NEVER seen them live and they probably will not do a US tour.

Oh, and Ultravox is one band cited by Rush as having had an influence on their music in the 80's. That's either a good or a bad thing, depending on how you feel about 80's Rush, of course. (I happen to love it).

I've listened to interviews with Ultravox about how live performances have changed since they split in the 80's - specifically that soundchecks which took the better part of a day can now be completed in an hour or so, thanks to the good people of Apple.

Never thought they'd reunite. There was so much rancor between Ure and Currie, for one - they really hated each other towards the end.

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 8 2011, 06:40 PM)
Oh, and Ultravox is one band cited by Rush as having had an influence on their music in the 80's. That's either a good or a bad thing, depending on how you feel about 80's Rush, of course. (I happen to love it).

I've listened to interviews with Ultravox about how live performances have changed since they split in the 80's - specifically that soundchecks which took the better part of a day can now be completed in an hour or so, thanks to the good people of Apple.

Never thought they'd reunite. There was so much rancor between Ure and Currie, for one - they really hated each other towards the end.

I don't hear the influence though.

Several months ago, I was at an outdoor mall in my area and 'Reap The Wild Wind' came on over the PA. I actually stopped at one of the speakers and listened to the whole song. I only know the hits from Ultravox, but that song is STELLAR!!!!!

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 8 2011, 07:05 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 8 2011, 06:40 PM)
Oh, and Ultravox is one band cited by Rush as having had an influence on their music in the 80's.  That's either a good or a bad thing, depending on how you feel about 80's Rush, of course.  (I happen to love it).

Never thought they'd reunite.  There was so much rancor between Ure and Currie, for one - they really hated each other towards the end.

I don't hear the influence though.

It's not overt, and I think the "influence" was the increased use of synths. Neil just liked the music, I think. Can't blame him. smile.gif