Steve Walsh Kicked My KANS"ASS" On Wednesday!

RUSHHEAD666

Which Kansas Album Listed Above Is Your Favorite?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which Kansas Album Listed Above Is Your Favorite?

• "Leftoverture"
    • "Point Of Know Return"
    • None of these commercial albums. I like...... (list below) better!
    • I hate Kansas and Steve Walsh! This band sucks!

Despite being a detractor of the band, last I checked I had all the albums up to Vinyl Confessions on vinyl. My dirty little secret. I guess I quite enjoy a "best of" but I'm not a big fan of Steve Walsh though his worst abomination is on Hackett's "Please Don't Touch" which should be re-dedicated to Walsh and re-named "Please Don't Sing". Edited by Tony R

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony R @ Aug 11 2011, 04:34 AM)
Despite being a detractor of the band, last I checked I had all the albums up to Vinyl Confessions on vinyl. My dirty little secret. I guess I quite enjoy a "best of" but I'm not a big fan of Steve Walsh though his worst abomination is on Hackett's "Please Don't Touch" which should be re-dedicated to Walsh and re-named "Please Don't Sing".

What do you not like about him Tone?

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 11 2011, 06:13 PM)
Despite being a detractor of the band, last I checked I had all the albums up to Vinyl Confessions on vinyl. My dirty little secret. I guess I quite enjoy a "best of" but I'm not a big fan of Steve Walsh though his worst abomination is on Hackett's "Please Don't Touch" which should be re-dedicated to Walsh and re-named "Please Don't Sing".

Yeah, tone.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Aug 11 2011, 02:56 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 11 2011, 06:13 PM)

Yeah, tone.

Hmmm

trink38.gif

Power and ITSOT started to grow on me after a few listens. I didn't really care for them at first, but they both have some incredible songs. They're not as good as the earlier albums, but they're still good.

Does anyone have Freaks of Nature? I almost bought it a few weeks ago but I decided not to.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Aug 11 2011, 01:10 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 10 2011, 10:00 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Aug 10 2011, 09:02 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 10 2011, 09:03 AM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Aug 9 2011, 09:58 PM)
Has anyone on this Forum ever seen a Kansas gig when Steve Morse was in the band?

I don't care for those two albums Steve was on, but to see him shred live in Kansas must have been a rare treat!

Once. Great show. You should give those albums another chance.

Also saw them once with Steve and it was a great show. I love the two Morse albums, especially Power.

Power DOES rock!

1022.gif

Damn you guys! I need to pull out some "POWER" and give it another listen.

Signed,

"POWERAGE" 1022.gif

Power is a very good album. Lots of energy, superb guitar, and great singing by Walsh. A rare bright spot for latter-day Kansas.

No Walsh but I picked up the excellent Vinyl Confessions today, a new remastered edition on Rock Candy. I've been looking for a CD version of this album for ages as it's been out of print...

http://www.rockcandyrecords.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Kansas%20Vinyl%20Confessions.jpg

http://www.rockcandyrecords.co.uk/catalogue/555