Band Pictures

GeddysMullet

That second picture above of Neil has been retouched.

You know, I had forgotten about that little gap between Geddy's front teeth. I had noticed about Neil's teeth...that they looked better but I didn't think about them getting them capped. Ah show business.

This one hasn't:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/Bluefunk/Rush/neil_700.jpg

:wub: Love that cheeky smile!

ETA: Is Alex wearing crocodile skin ballet pumps in that last picture? :o

Edited by Bluefunk
  • Like 1

Wait until the rest of the gals get a load of this one!

Good thing you and I are older, Eagle, and don't get too easily excited by such - er - graphic shots. :blush:

:facepalm:

P.S. Lovely sneakers he's wearing. :)

Keep telling yourself that. :LOL:

• Like 4

How old were they when this picture was taken?

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/imzadi-7/RHPICS/AlexGeddy_zps89b814f9.jpg

This looks like Preto-era, so I would say, 1990. It looks like Geddy has just had his teeth done, too. So, they'd be about 37 here, my guess.

Is this the ponytailed look that's your favourite, Lorraine?

• Like 2

But you know, his eyes looked smaller then too. Now I know there is nothing you can do to widen your eyes. Maybe it is the darker shade of hair, the bangs, and the bigger glasses. Today, he no longer has bangs, his hair is beautiful brown tinged with gray, and he wears smaller frames over which he peers at you, Gangster, to take inventory of you. He'll remember you the next time he sees you. ;)

About his nose, I don't think he would dare have anything done to it either as it might affect his singing voice and/or breathing. It is for that same reason that he wouldn't get those nasty botox shots or resort to any major facial surgery in an attempt to look young. If my singing voice was my livelihood, I wouldn't. When you get those shots, your face is frozen in that ghastly smile (think: Nancy Pelosi :o - simply ghastly!). :LOL:

I know what you mean about the eyes... I think a big reason why he wears glasses is not because he needs them to see, but as something for his face to wear to flatter him more. I've heard people describe him as having a huge nose and beady eyes (his eyes aren't beady! They are beautiful and soulful! .... His nose is huge, though, so that's true! :LOL:), and the glasses are perfect for complementing his facial features. They detract from the largeness of his nose, and make his eyes look a bit bigger, by being like second eyes. Although, those huge face-eating glasses he wore not so much in public in the late seventies / early eighties looked pretty good on him, too.

And the botox thing... I have noticed, though, that his skin in some photos looks very smooth on his face, like his cheeks look almost dewy. I've wondered if he's having anything 'done', but maybe he has facial massages with creams or something. I don't think he would mess around with any botox stuff - there's way too much at stake with him needing to be able to contort his face when he sings. Plus he opens his mouth really wide when he sings, and he certainly needs to be able to do that! And he wouldn't mess around with his nose, either - that could change the tone of his voice, and if anyone's like me, his vocal tone sounds really good! I remember a while back there was a joke interview floating around, where it was stated Geddy had had some work 'done' to his nose - it was made smaller - and it caused a minor uproar until it was discovered as a joke. I was so relieved! "Not my Geddy," I thought.

And.... speaking of Geddy wearing glasses.... here's a couple of concert photos with Geddy NOT wearing glasses. In St. Louis in 2008, apparently he lost them while playing onstage, and a stage hand gave them back to him. These photos show a rare glasses-less Geddy. (Photos from the great Petie Lee's collection!)

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g454/GoddessMika/Rush/080000StLouisRushinMilwaukeeandStLouis139losesglasses_zps4f5a5751.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g454/GoddessMika/Rush/080000StLouisRushinMilwaukeeandStLouis140glasses_zpsd6dc709e.jpg

We're so used to the glasses that he looks quite different, doesn't he?

(And check out that awesome shirt he's wearing..... :wub:)

• Like 4

Very interesting to see him without glasses now. I agree he definitely looks different. I wonder how he lost them. Too much vigorous jumping. :)

I can't imagine that he'd have anything done to his face. If he had I would think it would be a lot more obvious.

• Like 2

And.... speaking of Geddy wearing glasses.... here's a couple of concert photos with Geddy NOT wearing glasses. In St. Louis in 2008, apparently he lost them while playing onstage, and a stage hand gave them back to him. These photos show a rare glasses-less Geddy. (Photos from the great Petie Lee's collection!)

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g454/GoddessMika/Rush/080000StLouisRushinMilwaukeeandStLouis139losesglasses_zps4f5a5751.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g454/GoddessMika/Rush/080000StLouisRushinMilwaukeeandStLouis140glasses_zpsd6dc709e.jpg

I wonder what he was doing to lose them? I wish I'd seen that! Thanks for the pictures. :)

I never noticed... :drool: :D [Of course I did!]

• Like 1

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/imzadi-7/RHPICS/AlexGeddy_zps89b814f9.jpg

From the PRS and Wal I would say early to mid 90's. so that would make them around 40.

They were at their best looks-wise.

Ugh I dunno. They are hot here but as they've aged they've settled into themselves and aged well. Geddy has the most gorgeous body and skin and his eyes *thud* and they've both toned their dress down a bit and found what works. I'd say right now is my favorite as far as their looks.

But you know, his eyes looked smaller then too. Now I know there is nothing you can do to widen your eyes. Maybe it is the darker shade of hair, the bangs, and the bigger glasses. Today, he no longer has bangs, his hair is beautiful brown tinged with gray, and he wears smaller frames over which he peers at you, Gangster, to take inventory of you. He'll remember you the next time he sees you. ;)

About his nose, I don't think he would dare have anything done to it either as it might affect his singing voice and/or breathing. It is for that same reason that he wouldn't get those nasty botox shots or resort to any major facial surgery in an attempt to look young. If my singing voice was my livelihood, I wouldn't. When you get those shots, your face is frozen in that ghastly smile (think: Nancy Pelosi :o - simply ghastly!). :LOL:

I know what you mean about the eyes... I think a big reason why he wears glasses is not because he needs them to see, but as something for his face to wear to flatter him more. I've heard people describe him as having a huge nose and beady eyes (his eyes aren't beady! They are beautiful and soulful! .... His nose is huge, though, so that's true! :LOL:), and the glasses are perfect for complementing his facial features. They detract from the largeness of his nose, and make his eyes look a bit bigger, by being like second eyes. Although, those huge face-eating glasses he wore not so much in public in the late seventies / early eighties looked pretty good on him, too.

And the botox thing... I have noticed, though, that his skin in some photos looks very smooth on his face, like his cheeks look almost dewy. I've wondered if he's having anything 'done', but maybe he has facial massages with creams or something. I don't think he would mess around with any botox stuff - there's way too much at stake with him needing to be able to contort his face when he sings. Plus he opens his mouth really wide when he sings, and he certainly needs to be able to do that! And he wouldn't mess around with his nose, either - that could change the tone of his voice, and if anyone's like me, his vocal tone sounds really good! I remember a while back there was a joke interview floating around, where it was stated Geddy had had some work 'done' to his nose - it was made smaller - and it caused a minor uproar until it was discovered as a joke. I was so relieved! "Not my Geddy," I thought.

Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm somebody get that man some contact lenses. *melts*

I think, as far as Geddy's skin goes, that he gets treatments done but I don't think he's getting injections. Before I got married last year I was getting microdermabrasion and something called microcurrent and it did wonders. Also, I changed my skin care products to a higher-end natural line and that helped too. But I think besides that, it's also good genetics, his mother and brother have beautiful skin as well, either that or they have family day at the same spa. ;)

Edited by gangsterfurious
  • Like 2

Perhaps Geddy has the same skincare routine as I do- take off the glasses before looking in the mirror, and then all the lines are gone!

Maybe he should have a routine where he takes off all of his clothes and then we won't notice his wrinkles?

Oh I'm on a roll today ladies and gents let me warn ya.

• Like 2

This looks like Preto-era, so I would say, 1990. It looks like Geddy has just had his teeth done, too. So, they'd be about 37 here, my guess.

Is this the ponytailed look that's your favourite, Lorraine?

Yes! Yes!! Yes!!! I am sorry, I still maintain that both of them looked their best at this time. Come to think of it, I looked my best at that time in my life too - between the ages 32-40.

Geddy's facial structure is pronounced and beautiful. With his hair away from his face, it brings it out.

• Like 2

Wait until the rest of the gals get a load of this one!

Good thing you and I are older, Eagle, and don't get too easily excited by such - er - graphic shots. :blush:

:facepalm:

P.S. Lovely sneakers he's wearing. :)

Keep telling yourself that. :LOL:

I have been doing just that.

All weekend.

I cannot tell you how many times this picture flashed through my mind, and each and every time it did, I said "Lovely sneakers!"

:yes:

• Like 2

Does anybody know what is on Geddy's pinky ring? I know it has a monogram or a design but I've never been able to tell what it is and it drives me nuts. I really want to know!

Perhaps Geddy has the same skincare routine as I do- take off the glasses before looking in the mirror, and then all the lines are gone!

Maybe he should have a routine where he takes off all of his clothes and then we won't notice his wrinkles?

Oh I'm on a roll today ladies and gents let me warn ya.

What wrinkles? :blush:

• Like 2

Does anybody know what is on Geddy's pinky ring? I know it has a monogram or a design but I've never been able to tell what it is and it drives me nuts. I really want to know!

Now this is strange because Saturday I was watching Rush in Rio and thought the same thing. At first I thought it was his wedding band, but then I noticed it has a monogram on it.

If we look closely, I am certain you will see "GF" on it. ;)

• Like 2

Amazing! That's my routine too. Also, no matter what anyone says, I still maintain that my hair is entirely blond with no trace of gray whatsoever. My mirror would never lie to me.

• Like 2

I wonder what he was doing to lose them? I wish I'd seen that! Thanks for the pictures. :)

I never noticed... :drool: :D [Of course I did!]

I wonder what he was doing to make him forget where he put them.

• Like 3

Yes, the shirt is awesome, and he looks awesome sans glasses!

I think I figured out why he wears them. How else can he see his teleprompter? If his eyes are as bad as mine, he'd never be able to read the lyrics unless they were really close to his face without his glasses. As for contact lenses, they are a pain to wear for some people for an extended amount of time. Some people have super sensitive eyes (I'm one of them and maybe Geddy is too).

Mika, you are right on all accounts re botox and plastic surgery. As for his face, he probably has facials or had a skin peeling process done.

By the way, these pictures are great! And I really do love that shirt.

How's that letter you were writing to him getting along? Did you mail it yet? When you do, be sure to use a Geddy stamp on the envelope! :LOL:

• Like 2

Amazing! That's my routine too. Also, no matter what anyone says, I still maintain that my hair is entirely blond with no trace of gray whatsoever. My mirror would never lie to me.

That's funny, I've needed glasses since I was in 3rd grade and I still swear that when I'm not wearing them (or my contacts) that I'm 5'10 and 120 pounds.

• Like 2

Yes, the shirt is awesome, and he looks awesome sans glasses!

I think I figured out why he wears them. How else can he see his teleprompter? If his eyes are as bad as mine, he'd never be able to read the lyrics unless they were really close to his face without his glasses. As for contact lenses, they are a pain to wear for some people for an extended amount of time. Some people have super sensitive eyes (I'm one of them and maybe Geddy is too).

Mika, you are right on all accounts re botox and plastic surgery. As for his face, he probably has facials or had a skin peeling process done.

By the way, these pictures are great! And I really do love that shirt.

How's that letter you were writing to him getting along? Did you mail it yet? When you do, be sure to use a Geddy stamp on the envelope! :LOL:

I have some of those Canada Post Rush stamps lying around if you need one, hehe.

• Like 2

That's funny, I've needed glasses since I was in 3rd grade and I still swear that when I'm not wearing them (or my contacts) that I'm 5'10 and 120 pounds.

Like yourself, I have found that I look my best without glasses (or contacts) too - flawless in fact.

No sense spoiling my image with even a hint of imperfection.

• Like 2

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/imzadi-7/RHPICS/tumblr_mumuojAiQO1sg3xpdo1_400_zpsdca28c53.gif

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/imzadi-7/RHPICS/tumblr_mtcuheozj21sg3xpdo1_400_zps209efd77.gif

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/imzadi-7/RHPICS/tumblr_mutwfvdmg21s4zroko1_500_zps7edaa21e.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/imzadi-7/RHPICS/tumblr_mss5xjqgEP1sa22pxo1_500_zps6ce33086.jpg

• Like 3

Now this is strange because Saturday I was watching Rush in Rio and thought the same thing. At first I thought it was his wedding band, but then I noticed it has a monogram on it.

If we look closely, I am certain you will see "GF" on it. ;)

I think you're right. ;)