best concert film

sonictheplumber

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jul 22 2011, 10:55 AM)
QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Jul 22 2011, 10:53 AM)
Stevie Nicks - Live at Red Rocks(filmed the day before she went to rehab. it's a mess)

so you're the one that slows down traffic cuz you're looking at the car wreck on the other side of the road! smile.gif

hahahahaha i guess so. it's really interesting to watch. here is the proof. oh, don't worry, 3 minutes until she comes out to sing? no big deal. coke breaks are totally important. forgetting the lyrics? why not..

the live stuff was only half useable, so some shots were done in a studio after she got out of rehab, mostly the close ups, but you can totally tell they were done at a different time.

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Jul 22 2011, 11:00 AM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jul 22 2011, 10:55 AM)
QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Jul 22 2011, 10:53 AM)
Stevie Nicks - Live at Red Rocks(filmed the day before she went to rehab. it's a mess)

so you're the one that slows down traffic cuz you're looking at the car wreck on the other side of the road! smile.gif

hahahahaha i guess so. it's really interesting to watch. here is the proof. oh, don't worry, 3 minutes until she comes out to sing? no big deal. coke breaks are totally important. forgetting the lyrics? why not..

the live stuff was only half useable, so some shots were done in a studio after she got out of rehab, mostly the close ups, but you can totally tell they were done at a different time.

LMAO - makes me think of the Simpsons episode where they make the Radioactive Man movie and they clipped all those scenes together at the end.

(from snpp.com)

In the editing room, a editing man has good news.

Editor: Thanks to modern editing techniques, we can use existing

footage to complete the film without Milhouse!

[shot of assistant and director staring blankly]

Watch. [rolls film]

[a band of Road Warrior-esque toughs faces the duo in a cave]

Rainier: Looks like we're in trouble, Fallout Boy.

[scene switch to field in springtime]

Milhouse: Jiminy jillikers, Radioactive Man.

[back to cave]

Rainier: We'll have to fight our way out. Are you ready?

[switch to Milhouse on a couch]

Milhouse: Yes.

[switch to Radioactive Man and Fallout Boy fighting alien slugs]

Editor: Seamless, huh?

Assistant: [pause] You're fired.

Rattle & Hum - U2

In the days before the massive self-agrandizing began. I'm afraid they're just 'too cool' for me now. Too bad they couldn't have continued on with the vibe in this video - great stuff!

QUOTE (bigalfan @ Jul 22 2011, 11:31 AM)
Rattle & Hum - U2

In the days before the massive self-agrandizing began. I'm afraid they're just 'too cool' for me now. Too bad they couldn't have continued on with the vibe in this video - great stuff!

Interesting, I agree, but i remember when Rattle And Hum first came out many fans and critics thought this was the end of the U2 they have known. One response that was in Rolling Stone review of the album/ concert film.. was Rattle and Hum death of a great band, accusing Bono and band mates as Beatles posturing and that R&H was a bloated uneven work..

I love it and still have the poster in shrink wrap i purchased from movie theater lobby. smile.gif

Really I like better Under a Blood Red Sky live from Red Rocks concert film captures the excitement and energy of U2 just before they became massive. Rush In Rio probably my favorite Rush concert film, until Time Machine comes out! wink.gif

The Band-The Last Waltz love all the guest appearances.

And Rolling Stones -Gimme Shelter disturbing the end of peace and love eroding into drugs and violence.

Pink Floyd - Pulse

David Gilmour - Remember that Night

Iron Maiden - Live After Death

Frank Zappa - Baby Snakes

Thin Lizzy - Live and Dangerous

Jethro Tull - Live at Madison Square Garden 1978

obviously all the Rush ones too