Autographed guitar

Birmingham Odeon 3/06/77

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Jul 20 2011, 09:41 AM)
I'd be suspicious of its authenticity.....wouldn't buy it if it was authentic anyway.

I agree, and I wouldn't buy anything like that if I didn't know anything about the seller - my honest opinion.

QUOTE (Birmingham Odeon 3/06/77 @ Jul 20 2011, 03:11 PM)
There is no way anyone can tell if any autograph is authentic unless the person that signed said it was the real deal. confused13.gif

I don;t agree. I have signed prints from all 3 purchased through their official photographer's site and knowing they are real it is possible to tell many of the fakes I have seen on ebay.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jul 20 2011, 06:26 PM)
There is no way anyone can tell if any autograph is authentic unless the person that signed said it was the real deal. confused13.gif

I don;t agree. I have signed prints from all 3 purchased through their official photographer's site and knowing they are real it is possible to tell many of the fakes I have seen on ebay.

I think what you're both trying to say is that there's no way to know by looking at an autograph if it's real, but you often can tell if it's fake just by looking at it. smile.gif

QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Jul 20 2011, 07:16 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jul 20 2011, 06:26 PM)

I think what you're both trying to say is that there's no way to know by looking at an autograph if it's real, but you often can tell if it's fake just by looking at it. smile.gif

Why do they allow handwriting experts to testify in trials?

I'm not one but you definitely can determine the genuineness of these things to a very high degree.

Just browsing through their catalog, and I question the authenticity of about 75% of those guitars.

But, yes, many collectors can spot a fake within seconds. I see them all the time, but I did not find the Rush guitar. Link??

As for Certificates of Authenticty, those are tools used to fool the unknown. They are good to have, if the item is real. But a lot of sellers use the COA as bait to sell their fakes. Before purchasing autographs, be sure to ask first before hitting the shopping cart button. I've seen a lot of people get burned over the years, but it seems that there are fewer and fewer Rush fakes out there, compared to a few years ago. Many of us monitored Ebay (for a long time!) and set out those we believed to be frauds. Most of it has stopped.

A link or image of this auction will help.

QUOTE (Kozmo4Rush @ Jul 22 2011, 07:17 PM)
Just browsing through their catalog, and I question the authenticity of about 75% of those guitars.

But, yes, many collectors can spot a fake within seconds. I see them all the time, but I did not find the Rush guitar. Link??

As for Certificates of Authenticty, those are tools used to fool the unknown. They are good to have, if the item is real. But a lot of sellers use the COA as bait to sell their fakes. Before purchasing autographs, be sure to ask first before hitting the shopping cart button. I've seen a lot of people get burned over the years, but it seems that there are fewer and fewer Rush fakes out there, compared to a few years ago. Many of us monitored Ebay (for a long time!) and set out those we believed to be frauds. Most of it has stopped.

A link or image of this auction will help.

The best CoA is a photo of the artist signing the article. All others pretty much worthless.

Yep.

Like this:

http://www.visualgallery.com/rushsigning.jpg

Or you could end up with something like this, if you don't:

http://www.ioffer.com/img/item/202/651/850/rush-band-signed-moving-pictures-album-2421a.jpg

Edited by Kozmo4Rush

QUOTE (Kozmo4Rush @ Jul 24 2011, 10:51 AM)
Yep.

Like this:

http://www.visualgallery.com/rushsigning.jpg

Or you could end up with something like this, if you don't:

http://www.ioffer.com/img/item/202/651/850/rush-band-signed-moving-pictures-album-2421a.jpg

that MP is hilarious. probably doesn;t even qualify as a forgery since most forgers make an effort to be close to actual sig.