My son's first gig

Ghostnotes

My son had his first gig last night and is now severely hooked on the rush of a live performance.

Take into account he has only really been playing drums for a few weeks now , but none the less ...i am still a proud papa.

It's a 30 minute set and I'm converting it to youtube as i write this.It says it will take about 5 hours to convert the full HD for youtube and i will post it up when it's done. A couple of originals and covers......

QUOTE (Ghostnotes @ Jun 26 2011, 08:37 AM)
My son had his first gig last night and is now severely hooked on the rush of a live performance.

It only took me one show too! Its all it takes. Lets hope for more!

1022.gif

Niiiiice. user posted image There's nothing quite like the first gig...except maybe the second gig...then the third gig...then.......

Look forward to the vid link!

QUOTE (ioc @ Jun 26 2011, 09:54 AM)
Niiiiice. user posted image There's nothing quite like the first gig...except maybe the second gig...then the third gig...then.......

Look forward to the vid link!

yes.gif Wouldn't mind another gig!!

Take into account he has only really been playing drums for a few weeks now , but none the less ...i am still a proud papa.
It's a 30 minute set and I'm converting it to youtube as i write this.It says it will take about 5 hours to convert the full HD for youtube and i will post it up when it's done. A couple of originals and covers......

you're supposed to have a rotating drum riser under your drum kit(s)... biggrin.gif

NeilFinal.gif

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jun 26 2011, 11:42 AM)

you're supposed to have a rotating drum riser under your drum kit(s)... biggrin.gif

NeilFinal.gif

I'm actually working on that. My work was throwing out some things and i got a brand new A/C drive and some limit switches. Problem is I'm an electrical engineer and i ain't worth a damn when it comes to carpentry.

Sorry. I totally forgot that I wanted to check this out.

Hard to believe he's only been playing for a few weeks. You must be rubbing off on him.

I hope the other guys have only been playing for a few weeks too, because they kind of sounded like it. Poor little guitar guy could barely keeps his eyes off his fingers. Well, more power to them. Nice job. It takes guts to play in front of a crowd. This is especially true of your kid, being new to his instrument and all.

[side note: the volume seemed kind of low. I really had to crank my sound to hear it.]

I think i was more nervous about him doing good than he was. He even handled the technical difficulty well....twice. The guitarist is not usually a singer, he could not make it neither could the bassist.

The level was my mistake. The level coming into my headphones was real high but instead of turning the interface down, I turned down the master and forgot to turn it back up before rendering banghead.gif

Thanks for the kind words.

QUOTE (Ghostnotes @ Jul 2 2011, 05:47 PM)
I think i was more nervous about him doing good than he was. He even handled the technical difficulty well....twice. The guitarist is not usually a singer, he could not make it neither could the bassist.

The level was my mistake. The level coming into my headphones was real high but instead of turning the interface down, I turned down the master and forgot to turn it back up before rendering banghead.gif

Thanks for the kind words.

Pft. Yeah, leave it to dad to screw it all up. tongue.gif

All in all, well done.

What gets my goat is how nice the stage was. Hell....I could have fit my whole kit up there.Plus all of the auralex treatment.It sounded excellent. The camera mic did not do it any justice. If my camera had a mic input i would have used one of my studio mics.